Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked my EV up this morning, after all the shenanigans with Hyundai messing up my order.

Wow, I Love it!

The only moment of confusion was trying to disconnect the charging cable after I plugged it in at home when it wasn't fully charged. It took some experimenting to realise that pressing 'unlock' on the key fob (even if the car's unlocked) releases the socket.

Adaptive cruise control is weird to start with, but great. Apple Car Play is amazing too.

My wife was a bit intimidated about driving it as she's only ever driven manual before, but about 5 mins in she was totally comfortable and has now taken it off to a friend's house. I imagine she'll have the seat heater on most of the way :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I also picked up my (polar white) EV today. I haven't driven that much in it yet since everybody wants to try it.
The dealer bought me a pie today to celebrate which tastes good. Probably I payed too much for the car ;)

Anyway, next week I will do some normal driving to my work and back. I will post some range results on the other thread.

Cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm so jealous!!!
Can't wait to be able to go to the dealer to buy it!!!
Here in Canada, suppose to be available in march/April but still no price out yet!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet! Congratulations. Will you be logging your ranges and what not?
Thanks! I'll probably add some readings in when I do longer trips, but it would be a bit much hassle for most of our shorter, around-town journeys.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
After every trip when you put the car off, for a few seconds you get the efficiency of that trip displayed, for example, a number like 12.4 kWh/100km. You can just report that (plus circumstances such as temperature and speed). Moreover, in the history you can see these numbers for each day.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The only moment of confusion was trying to disconnect the charging cable after I plugged it in at home when it wasn't fully charged. It took some experimenting to realize that pressing 'unlock' on the key fob (even if the car's unlocked) releases the socket.
This is news to me. I didn't know these had locking charge sockets. Some people might think this is a good thing, but it actually causes problems for sharing a charger with others. Can you unlock the charge connector via a phone app, or do you have to be there in person to unlock the connector?

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
No, but you can set it in the socalled AUTO modus, then it automatically unlocks when charging has finished. There is a button for this.

Reactions: blownb310

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
The button is at page H15.

Reactions: blownb310

·
Registered
251 Posts
No, but you can set it in the socalled AUTO modus, then it automatically unlocks when charging has finished. There is a button for this.
The more I find out about thoughtful little details like this, the better I like the Ioniq, even without having seen one in the flesh yet!

·
Registered
13 Posts
New things learnt today

I picked my EV up this morning, after all the shenanigans with Hyundai messing up my order.

Wow, I Love it!

The only moment of confusion was trying to disconnect the charging cable after I plugged it in at home when it wasn't fully charged. It took some experimenting to realise that pressing 'unlock' on the key fob (even if the car's unlocked) releases the socket.

Adaptive cruise control is weird to start with, but great. Apple Car Play is amazing too.

My wife was a bit intimidated about driving it as she's only ever driven manual before, but about 5 mins in she was totally comfortable and has now taken it off to a friend's house. I imagine she'll have the seat heater on most of the way :)

That's useful to know, I attempted to remove the charging plug and could not, so I resorted to using the button on the dash.

One thing I learnt today was that if you get in the car and want to drive straight away then press the brake pedal before pressing the power button otherwise if you don't press the pedal you have to press the power button a second time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts