Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Good question, but why do you need to? Got buttons on steering wheel for that?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have nearly 8gb of music on the stick and dozens of artists and albums. I can select using touch screen on artist or album etc but with so much information to choose from, it takes time and would be dangerous on the move. If i could select, say, Slade, by voice control, as an artist and let the technology do the rest. It would be very simple from the driver's point of view and very safe from everyone elses.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Ok.. I see where you're going with it. I actually have the same question now lol! I also have many folders, and would love to say 'Bryan Ferry' and just have his smooth tones in my ears. :D

I think someone also asked if Apple CarPlay is voice controlled. I need to get to setting stuff up this weekend and do some testing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trouble with Apple Car Play for me would be i only have 16gb iPhone which doesn't leave a lot of space for music when photos are often taken, and the difficulty of getting the music onto the phone in the first place..... If I could add a memory card with the music already on it into an iPhone which i could do with most other phones, life would be so much more enjoyable :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Also good point and same issue I have.. although it ps 32gb still not enough for what I've got..

Hopefully someone will reply to one or both posts. It would definitely save me having to try and select stuff while driving >.<

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
voice control only works works via carplay / android auto, so no visibility of USB stick (also you would have used the USB port to plug your phone into anyway (wonders if car can cope with a small 4 port USB hub hmm???)

set up "hey siri " and some play lists then tell siri to play them?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Wait what? If u use car play u can't use USB stick? Why would it need to connect via cable when it can connect via Bluetooth ?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You are such a geek it's unreal.. lol
And omg that's killed that plan then.. I need my USB and can play tunes fine off my phone via Bluetooth so CarPlay = pointless to me now.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
remember I am a dinosaur

I started I IT when the current processor was a 286, 640K ram was a luxury, 8 bit ISA bus was the std, you had to set irq and port addresses with jumpers on I/O cards and disk controllers and the main OS was DOS 3.2 and if lucky you had windows 3.1 on 5 x 720k floppies

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sorry.....I started on a Sharp MZ80k with 48k of RAM but by the time you had loaded the Basic O/S from Tape you had 34860 Bytes left (yes that number will stick with me forever!)

Now I have numerous Raspberry Pi's running various websites from home and a solar powered chicken house with a remote raspberry pi with a camera on it down the garden (linked via an old router with external Yagi wifi antenna).

Oh and I built my own Kodi/MythTv media centre using a Sony PS3 BD Remote years ago and its still going strong and everyone in the house loves it more than any commercial offering

Is that geeky enough??? :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
**** me...
why do I have a feeling someone just got a hard on reading your two's posts..

I started on an IBM PS/1 and then an Aptiva running Windows 95, and I remember when I built my first PC and it had a 350mhz processor. I was so proud.

I'm getting all nostalgic now.. :'( I feel so old!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
voice control only works works via carplay / android auto, so no visibility of USB stick (also you would have used the USB port to plug your phone into anyway (wonders if car can cope with a small 4 port USB hub hmm???)
I tried USB hub, but Ioniq complained it to be "uncompatible USB device" :/

1 - 20 of 33 Posts