Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to gain an idea of expected delivery dated from an order placed on 7th July in the UK for a white Ioniq Hybrid Premium. Initial delivery time stated early September but indications from Hyundai UK indicated some factory delays. Can anyone from Hyundai UK clarify this and provide assurances of September delivery for a Motability client desperate for their vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
1,843 Posts
As far as |I know there's no representative from Hyundai on this forum . Probably best to phone Hyundai UK , not the dealer .

·
Registered
460 Posts
Don't expect a sensible answer from Hyundai UK in my experience so far asking different questions

·
Super Moderator
1,843 Posts
Don't expect a sensible answer from Hyundai UK in my experience so far asking different questions
I've had recourse to ask them a few questions when the Ioniq was in it's infancy and they answered promptly and accurately . I used the "contact us" section on the MyHyundai site , using the email option .

·
Registered
460 Posts
I used the phone, asking them why a certain dealer had said they don't service the Ioniq and they could immediately not provide a list of local dealers who would do so.

They also claimed to know nothing of the Clutch Actuator problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,843 Posts
I used the phone, asking them why a certain dealer had said they don't service the Ioniq and they could immediately not provide a list of local dealers who would do so.

Problem with the phone is you may not speak to someone in the know and they'll most likely waffle . Email and they'll probably pass the query on to someone in the know

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
currently there is not a recall or service campaign for the clutch actuator in the UK, and as no official issue that will be the line from dealers and customer service

my dealer knew nothing about it so looks like probably another visit before the next service if it does come out in the UK, my dealer is very proactive so as soon as they know I will likely get a call to book in, they love using my car as a guinea pig :) :)

I think it will only be a matter of time before we see some form of recall or service campaign in the UK, but as usual the UK is behind other countries, the US seems to be the first most times so a heads up of issues

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I think it will only be a matter of time before we see some form of recall or service campaign in the UK, but as usual the UK is behind other countries, the US seems to be the first most times so a heads up of issues
Our legal system does put pressure on manufacturers! A small benefit of having too many lawyers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently got my Phev in July as a company car and was told by the lease company that with the new WLTP emissions requirements, manufacturers are now allowed to sell cars after 1st September that have not been retested to the new rules. This new emissions testing replaces the old NEDC CO2 figures, so the manufacturers have been selling off the old stock of 2018 models before the new 2019 ones come in under the new requirements and CO2 figures. Therefore if you are not able to get a current stock car and registered before end August the you have to wait for a 2019 model car to be available. the lease company said that pricing for the 2019 models will be available late August with deliveries being around November / December 2018. The new models seem to have a slightly different spec and the new requirements will probably effect the CO2 figures, ie slightly worse than the current ones, if you are a private buyer then not so much an issue but could effect you if you are a company car user and get taxed on it as a benefit in kind.

I was at a Hyundai dealer the other week and they had no new IONIQ's available at all, my collegue was after a Kia Niro, basically an IONIQ in a different body and they too have no vehicles available to order till 20019 models are in.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
I placed an order about the same time through Motability and chased it a few weeks back.
Apparently the delay is due to EU legislation change over emissions and combining it with the new plates. When they got back to me, they were hoping the bext delivery of Hyundai cars would arrive in UK port between 6th and 10th Sep.
Hope this might be of some help to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts