Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
28000 miles on my PHEV and after 3 years it is MOT test time. After a 6 month covid19 delay.

I usually check all the lights work and warm the engine so it's less likely to fail on emmisions especially on the RX-8.

I have read that some have been told that corrosion on the rear discs/rotors can be a problem as comes up as low brake efficiency. I will be applying the brakes/emergency brake a little to clear any issues.

I don't feel any issues with the cars steering etc. The tyres are in spec 2.5mm

So the big question is are there any other issues I should expect to appear?

·
Super Moderator
2,203 Posts
Other than what you mention nothing other than the condition of your wipers . Your tyres are legal but personally Id like a little more than 2.5 mm with the possibility of snow and ice around .

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, ends of wipers are OK. The plan for a set of Dunlop bluresponse in April 2020 was moved several times to March 2021. Only a mm of snow on my drive not the roads so far and all clear now.
Cheers chunga

·
Super Moderator
2,203 Posts
You should be good to go then 👍. I had no MOT failures on mine after 3 years . I did however change the brake pads and rear discs as they were getting close after 50,000 + miles

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
MOT done today, all good. PASS YEAH!!!
2017 PHEV 27500 miles in 3.5 years

EDIT - GIVEN A RUBBER ANTI SHOCK COVER FOR THE GRANNIE CHARGER - campaign 00D036

Edit - sat nav and maps updated... A feast of new features Inc car speed next to GPS speed and coffee colours. Ace.

Fronts tyres on 4.0mm to be reviewed in April 2021. Rear fine at 4.5mm.
So 4 x Dunlop Sport Bluresponse to replace the Michelins in April 2022...

Reactions: KevinT
1 - 5 of 5 Posts