Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really liking this function on the electric driver's seat. I'm a foot taller than my wife and we always garage the car overnight. If she used it last I unlock and open the door, press the M button, watch the seat change position then climb in without having to adopt a gorilla pose while I fiddle with seat controls - like it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Its also quite freaky the first time......I have never driven an auto in my life until I test drove the Ioniq, pulled up after going for a blast on the dual carriageway so o/h could try it around town...carefully reversed it and parked it then opened the door to swap seats and wtf the car was rolling backwards.....until I realised it was the convenience thing of moving the seat back when the door opens lol! Heart started beating again then

·
Registered
130 Posts
is the memory of seat also paired to a key? so a different key has a different memory function? so opening triggers the correct seat position?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably not. M1 and M2 buttons on the door render that unnecessary unless, in this modern age, we're too focused on the day ahead to even remember to push a button. Certainly nothing on the keys visually to tell them apart and if I picked up the wrong one I'd need a second knee in each leg to get in.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Probably not. M1 and M2 buttons on the door render that unnecessary unless, in this modern age, we're too focused on the day ahead to even remember to push a button. Certainly nothing on the keys visually to tell them apart and if I picked up the wrong one I'd need a second knee in each leg to get in.
Same here and tbh I just have one key out and the other lives in a drawer somewhere for emergencies or the odd time we need both

·
Registered
776 Posts
I use the seat memory setting every day. Setting 1 is for comfort driving in my personal best position. You have to tweak this setting a couple of times to find the optimum in chair position, side mirrors etc. Setting 2 is used for adult back passengers to give them some extra leg space by moving the seat a littlebit forward. Everybody happy. Pity that the central rear view mirror does not respond to memory setting.

Reactions: Blue407

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I use the seat memory setting every day. Setting 1 is for comfort driving in my personal best position. You have to tweak this setting a couple of times to find the optimum in chair position, side mirrors etc. Setting 2 is used for adult back passengers to give them some extra leg space by moving the seat a littlebit forward. Everybody happy. Pity that the central rear view mirror does not respond to memory setting.
Yep agree on the pro's and usage , and the cons that the RV mirror doesn't remember. I do also use the automatic rearward movement of the seat when you `power down` as I find the door shape is a little `long` and in consequence I need more leg room to get a foot through the opening when parked in tight spaces.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So the rear view mirror does not move when the buttons are pushed but what about the side mirrors , or is that not an issue generally?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The memory buttons are a great feature, especially if you have 2 drivers. I wish they did that with the heating setting on my shower, it would prevent me getting scalded after my wife has used it!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
The memory buttons are a great feature, especially if you have 2 drivers. I wish they did that with the heating setting on my shower, it would prevent me getting scalded after my wife has used it!!
:D:D:D

I feel your pain ...

·
Registered
725 Posts

I bet the central heating thermostat keeps getting edged higher and higher too. Even when the boiler is already running flat out to meet the unattainable target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
843 Posts
Fantasy would have it that when my SO gets into the bath, she turns into a mermaid...

Fact of the matter is, she turns into a lobster - complete with claws! >:)

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Is it possible to add the seat memory as an aftermarket feature?
Haven't seen anything and it's probably quite a complex operation to wire into the buttons in the door.

As with all things I'm sure it's possible, but at what cost..? :rolleyes:

Reactions: DaveIon
1 - 20 of 21 Posts