Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Why did you buy your Ioniq ( tick all that apply )

• How it looks / styling

Votes: 308 63.9%
  • Cost / much cheapness

Votes: 258 53.5%
  • Fuel Economy / cheap to run

Votes: 425 88.2%
  • Low emmission / care about environment

Votes: 279 57.9%
  • Use of recycled materials

Votes: 47 9.8%
  • Green Credentials

Votes: 122 25.3%
  • loads of tech toys

Votes: 269 55.8%
  • amount of safety aids as standard

Votes: 187 38.8%
  • No other real choice

Votes: 16 3.3%
  • you thought it was an old mans car :)

Votes: 16 3.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys thought this would be an interesting poll. I keep being surprised by how similar we seem to be and it's starting to feel like more than a coincidence. We all seem to work in IT or engineering, and some of us are even veggies, animal loving, eco warriors. So what is it about the Ioniq that attracts such a crowd or is it balanced and actually just a coincidence?

·
Super Moderator
2,080 Posts
Same as jjg for me mostly . After buying I was pleasantly surprised by the power and the amount of time I could drive in EV mode . Early reviews had suggested 300 metres only in EV which is total BS

·
Registered
278 Posts
Onboard tech, ditching my diesel and price.

Reactions: bluioniq

·
Registered
183 Posts
The "else" for me would be the possibility of sleeping comfortably in your car, when on route to somewhere far away, or even as an alternative for sleeping in your tent on a camping site :) We have to say goodbye to our lovely little iMiev now, that tought us how to drive as environment-friendly *and* efficiently as we possibly could. We'll miss our little car for sure, but it's time for an adult car now, with an acceptable range. Looking forward to drive as economically as possible, turn that into a sport :) And yes, my husband's also in IT, our roof with solar panels is going to fuel the car, and I am the vegetarian one ;-)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ermmm this wasn't supposed to get posted. I was halfway through it and got distracted. Was supposed to do a proper poll. I'm sure I didn't click post!

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Ermmm this wasn't supposed to get posted. I was halfway through it and got distracted. Was supposed to do a proper poll. I'm sure I didn't click post!

well its out there it escaped one way or another, so you might as well use the info above to create a poll, crack on, all yours

·
Registered
98 Posts
To me it was more like, why not... it was that clear to me. My previous car was high mileage and it was time. Here's what attracted me.

Mileage 58mpg combined - Save $$$

680 mile range - long trips w/o multiple fillups

Like the looks - better than Niro, where I started looking.

Has more than enough power to get on the freeway and up steep grades

And finally yes, I'm a tech-geek :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ur a funny one :p old man's car.. it's too young and hip looking to be an old man's car.. think old men are just getting it to feel young again.. perhaps need to add that option on the poll lol :p

·
Super Moderator
1,594 Posts
Maybe we can add "you thought this car would make you feel young" instead of no other choice.

·
Super Moderator
1,594 Posts
But people already made choices for them, what happens then?

Is it possible to change your votes?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a slightly different angle which I'm not sure is completely captured here though I did my best to answer - I'm a company lease hire user so for me it was in some kind of order...

1) Low emissions but not necessarily from an environmental point of view (shame on me) though that is a Good Thing, but cynically the tax benefit in kind is reduced if you get low emissions (Ioniq on 15" wheels is 79g/km)
2) Cost - the lease cost was incredibly good value vs what else is out there. I wanted 20k miles with maintenance. You can search that on a kind of Go Compare for lease cars and the Ioniq just stood out for cost.
3) Linked to above, the spec, it was something crazy like £30 to go up to the Premium SE with many many toys.
4) Looks, checked out a few others including the Niro, Yuk/yawn

So maybe there is a slightly different set of considerations for Lease car users vs buyers. Eg 5 year warranty - I don't care but had I been buying it would have been very important

·
Super Moderator
1,594 Posts
But can the voters still add a vote for that? I don't see an option to revise or extend your vote.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Might not be able to edit a live poll but if you can, probably put in 'Company Car' as an option.. Split Emissions for tax purposes and Emissions for Green Cred purposes..

1 - 20 of 115 Posts