Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my media unit replaced yesterday I've added some before and after pictures .

There seems to be no difference in firmware , software or maps . The only difference I've noticed is the Device ID has now disappeared . Does the device ID serve as a fingerprint for the car ? Any thoughts appreciated . It's not desperate as I have to go back to have the brake return string problem fixed . Apparently the system said they had them in stock but they weren't actually there ;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the old firmware, they didn't do the firmware update to the unit
I thought as much , I'll mention it when I go back to the dealer . Thanks bc .
As far as the device ID goes , I repaired my phone today and connected the media system to my router ( wireless ) and a Device ID popped up on my screen which is different to the original unit . So at least that one is solved ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was the reason for the media unit to be replaced ?
They didn't actually say . When I went in for the brakes rubbing they said they were going to do an update for the media unit . When I picked up the car they said it had to be replaced , even though I'd not had a problem
I also asked about the reported battery issue yesterday . She asked if I had a problem to which I replied no but other owners had
I'm going back to have the return spring fitted for the brakes and she said they'd check the battery then ...why if I wasn't having a problem ???
That's the problem these days ,the receptionists are a buffer between the customer and the technicians , so it's very difficult to speak to somebody in the know
Better than Renault though ....by a country mile ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I believe they'll need to update the software/firmware for the CarPlay issue . For some reason the new media unit fitted to mine is out of date or so bc1 informs me at the top of the thread . Talking of of car connectivity , my AndroidAuto would not work with the new media unit . I've just got out of the car now and have managed to set it up , but it was a mother of a job . Had to resort to a factory reset , uninstall and reinstall AndroidAuto ,have bluetooth forget the car etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
So how do you check to see if there are any upgrades to firmware/software? Is there a section on the Hyundai website somewhere?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So how do you check to see if there are any upgrades to firmware/software? Is there a section on the Hyundai website somewhere?
Unfortunately not in the UK ,anyway . You have to ask the dealer and hope they are aware of the latest versions , which mine apparently didn't :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Unfortunately not in the UK ,anyway . You have to ask the dealer and hope they are aware of the latest versions , which mine apparently didn't :)
It's there any way of checking for the latest version so you can be sure you know what it is so you can let the dealer know?

·
Registered
373 Posts
The last update was issued in march, it was the annual map update and a firmware update to fix the apple carplay echo issue
How can I check though to know when I get my car is is applied? I know it should be but assumption is the mother of disaster.

It's the project manager in me :D

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
How can I check though to know when I get my car is is applied? I know it should be but assumption is the mother of disaster.

It's the project manager in me :D
if you go into the nav menus there is a screen with the current map and firmware versions, i can post a imge of the old and new version info later tonight when i get home

·
Registered
373 Posts
if you go into the nav menus there is a screen with the current map and firmware versions, i can post a imge of the old and new version info later tonight when i get home
Cheers BC that would be helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had my media unit replaced yesterday
Took mine in for a service today, they said oh you need a firmware update for the bluetooth issue. Then later on... We can't do the update on this media unit, you need a new one, come back in 2 weeks.

I will also get my service book, they weren't printed when I got the car he said

·
Registered
72 Posts
you have to prod them / ask them to do the firmware update at the same time
Yes you do, they swapped the unit but (top tip) I had a photo of the firmware and could tell it wasn't updated. So had to askthem to do it. The the map wasn't compatible so they had to do that too.

Exact same firmware as Bluecar

·
Registered
373 Posts
So sorry if this is a stupid question. I am assuming you can't have the new firmware on the old media unit? So if you check and the firmware is good then the media unit must be also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
So sorry if this is a stupid question. I am assuming you can't have the new firmware on the old media unit? So if you check and the firmware is good then the media unit must be also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that one I am not sure of

but you should be able to provide the service dept with you vin no. and they should be able to check if you need the media unit swapping

·
Registered
373 Posts
that one I am not sure of

but you should be able to provide the service dept with you vin no. and they should be able to check if you need the media unit swapping
Still waiting on the car. Just trying to be confident of what I need to know so I can get this sorted before pickup. Will be a pain if I receive the car and then have a 2 week wait for a new media unit to come in and have to arrange to have it fitted. Will probably tell the salesman about this media unit change and firmware upgrade and trust they will do it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts