Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where/how I can get map updates, especially showing the latest charge points? I was at a charge point today that's has been in existence for more than a year yet the car didn't show it on the map.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
map update are supposed to be done at service, there is a link in the nav system handbook but when I looked a month ago the Ioniq was not listed, I did query Hyundai via there twitter feed but didn't get a reply

will have a look and see if added now

the update is via an SD card below the nav screen

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bluecar1, I would have thought the garage would have done the update before delivery. I especially asked them to ensure all the software updates were done prior to delivery. I also asked Hyundai via Facebook and am waiting to see if they reply.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next question: Does anyone know when "Hyundai's Blue Link smartphone app" will be made available in the UK? Coming from a BMW i3 I really miss being able to check battery status and being able to pre-heat the car from my phone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
currently bluelink is only available in north America, Hyundai Europe / UK have no current plans to introduce it
Some guys in a German forum are supposedly working on an app to enable that kind of stuff. You would however need a wifi hotspot in the car.
I can keep you guys updated on any progress I read over there if you like. Since I have the hybrid, there is not much need for me for it. There is a wifi hotspot from Huawei that plugs into the 12v socket. Costs about 120 EUR.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chunga, I followed your link and it takes me to Zap-Map which I already have on my phone. I am still trying to get Android Auto to connect to the car but no luck so far.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Not really set up Android Auto yet , though I've installed it on my phone . What's the connection issue you're having ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I read in the manual that if you connect "Android Auto" via the USB connection you can see your android phone screen on the car screen and thought I would be able to use Zap-Map. Maybe I have misread the manual. However, when I go into the Android App menu and look to see what car is connected it states "no car connected" and "no car rejected".

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Haven't tried mine yet , perhaps I will when the wife releases me from my chores ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I read in the manual that if you connect "Android Auto" via the USB connection you can see your android phone screen on the car screen and thought I would be able to use Zap-Map. Maybe I have misread the manual. However, when I go into the Android App menu and look to see what car is connected it states "no car connected" and "no car rejected".
Make sure you aren't trying to use the USB port in the armrest (that is only a charger, no data connection). It has to be the one under the screen (not sure if the EV is different). Also try different USB modes on your phone. When you connect it an icon should show in your notification bar (on your phone), click it and try some of the other modes (it'll probably default to mass storage or something).
Otherwise try googling for an android auto set up video.

Unfortunately with no car in unable to test but based off what I've read, that's what is look out for.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coedy thanks, trying different USB modes on my phone may well be the answer. I will try it tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Some guys in a German forum are supposedly working on an app to enable that kind of stuff. You would however need a wifi hotspot in the car.
I can keep you guys updated on any progress I read over there if you like. Since I have the hybrid, there is not much need for me for it. There is a wifi hotspot from Huawei that plugs into the 12v socket. Costs about 120 EUR.
Is it also possible to connect the car to your house Wifi network when it is close enough to the house?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Is it also possible to connect the car to your house Wifi network when it is close enough to the house?
yep, but the map updates are not over WIFI

the wifi is just used for live traffic (traffic and speed cameras)

the map updates are all via the SD card, and looks like only available from dealers

1 - 20 of 52 Posts