Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Premium SE Ioniq hybrid six months ago.

The map has just stopped displaying any road other than 'A' roads and motorways. All 'B' and minor roads have disappeared.The system functions correctly but the car symbol spends much of its time wandering across a blank space. I have booked my car into the dealer who sold it to me but in four weeks time (unfortunately there are no courtesy cars available until that date!)

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any ideas?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I purchased a Premium SE Ioniq hybrid six months ago.

The map has just stopped displaying any road other than 'A' roads and motorways. All 'B' and minor roads have disappeared.The system functions correctly but the car symbol spends much of its time wandering across a blank space. I have booked my car into the dealer who sold it to me but in four weeks time (unfortunately there are no courtesy cars available until that date!)

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any ideas?
Have you checked in the map settings options? I know there are various options for exactly what is displayed, but not sure if it will cover your situation. My map even displays little single track concrete and dirt roads, though I have to zoom in using the zoom knob, with the map display full screen, to see them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you checked in the map settings options? I know there are various options for exactly what is displayed, but not sure if it will cover your situation. My map even displays little single track concrete and dirt roads, though I have to zoom in using the zoom knob, with the map display full screen, to see them.
Check you have got automatic zoom enabled. If the zoom is fixed at a wide setting, you don't see the minor roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes all map settings options checked as well as 'back to factory'default. Whole set up switched on and off multiple times. Destination changed, map view changed etc. Memory card taken out and returned. One irony indicating the data is still 'there' is that with destination view all the roads, however minor, are displayed!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the 'same' problem with minor roads and lanes not being shown, BUT then I had a closer look at the map and realised that they are shown but they are almost invisible - very thin lines and virtually the same colour as the back ground. I think this a design fault and great if all that you want to drive on are major roads, but totally useless when in the country and using the lanes. Have not yet found a setting to change them.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the 'same' problem with minor roads and lanes not being shown, BUT then I had a closer look at the map and realised that they are shown but they are almost invisible - very thin lines and virtually the same colour as the back ground. I think this a design fault and great if all that you want to drive on are major roads, but totally useless when in the country and using the lanes. Have not yet found a setting to change them.
With the map on full display zooming in makes the minor roads more visible, but the map covers a smaller area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Suddenly, after being missing from the satnav maps for several weeks, the minor roads all reappeared. "Just like that". They were not there when I switched the engine off but were thirty minutes later when I restarted!
Computers ugh!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts