1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I like what you've done there, brilliant little guide. Also weird coz you seem to have driven past where I live....
However, I have had no joy with that system. I put in 'asda' it finds the closest one in London when there's one 10 mins away. I must admit I haven't read your whole guide, perhaps I am missing something that I could learn from it but I spend all day working with technology and I just can't face it when I get home, writing this post is effort enough lol!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put in 'asda' it finds the closest one in London when there's one 10 mins away.
I have not had that problem, I am using the inbuilt POI information with the latest software update. To find the nearest ASDA store I did the following:

[NAV] >> Select [POI] on the top row >> Select [NAME] and enter ASDA that gave me a selection of ASDA stores with nearest first.

Alternatively again start with [NAV] this time select [Near Current Position] >>> scroll down to shopping>>Grocery stores with distance as the default. If you change 'distance' to 'name' you get distance within name. Not too bad for Asda not so good for Waitrose.

The situation is even more basic if you use a third party POI file. The listing is in alphabetical order and whilst predictive typing helps there is no wild card search and you need to get the name exactly correct for it to work.

Reactions: TKGDee

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Ill give it another go.. i've just gotten used to getting a post code of anywhere i need to go now..I should also have all the latest updates, the car's only 7 months old!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I managed to create and import a KML file using an online converter but hit a 5000 maximum limit for imported POIs :-(

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadly it would appear that in the UK at least with the latest map update the opportunity to import your own selection of POI's has been withdrawn.
Which makes this help somewhat redundant.

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric Premium SE 28kw 2019
17 Posts
Removal of the POI update function has probably been done deliberately to retain a revenue stream.
When an Ioniq is out of warranty there will be quite a few owners not going along to stealerships for a service.
I predict the 'free' map updates will disappear to be replaced with a map update fee. £150? £200?
If you had the POI update function in place then you would be able to sidestep the map update fee with you own POI list.😕

·
Registered
689 Posts
With the ubiquitous use of phone based GPS software as well as Android Auto and Apple Carplay, it would be extremely short sighted to charge for a feature that is available free.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Removal of the POI update function has probably been done deliberately to retain a revenue stream.
Without knowing the reason I do not believe that demise of the ability to import personalised gpx/kml files has any bearing on their revenue stream. More likely it was a pain testing it when they make feature updates.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am in the UK and have just had my car serviced with supposedly latest firmware and maps. The PO's I previously imported are still there. I never use them however as the map integration is terrible IE No way of displaying PO's on map, on route, or searching for a POI near destination/postcode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts