Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ioniq looks like a great car and I will be test driving the hybrid model next month and if all goes well will be ordering one in the summer. Does anyone know with the UK spec car if the base model SE comes with less soundproofing over the mid and top range models? If this is the case I will have to insist on test driving the lower spec model as it falls into my price range to ensure its not too noisy, as always all YouTube test drive videos feature top of the range cars so hard to judge the lower spec'd car.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The Premium isn't that much more from what i remember? But also offers a lot more... I didn't bother with Premium SE.. mainly coz I hate leather.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
SE is £19,999 the premium is £21795 i think

check to see if you qualify for the affinity scheme as that gives you £3100 off, could make the premium more acceptable price wise,

there are also some good exdemo deals around where you can get a premium with <3000 mile for the price of a new SE

as far as i know the SE is the same sound proofing as the rest

·
Registered
725 Posts
My Premium SE is landing today. I was intending the get the Premium as whilst there were a few nice features in the Premium SE I didnt consider it worth the difference and was going to get the Premium....that is until my dealer had one he could get taxed before April :). That on top of affinity meant I could have a posh car :).

I definitely favoured the Premium over the SE though for the feature increase vs cost

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
The base model does have less soundproofing than the other trims for the purpose of weight reduction and hitting mpg figures. There are a long list of parts different from other trims including the dash! When I say less soundproofing, I don't know if specific soundproof materials were removed, but lighter items were substituted. Less mass, less soundproofing generally.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
The base model does have less soundproofing than the other trims for the purpose of weight reduction and hitting mpg figures. There are a long list of parts different from other trims including the dash! When I say less soundproofing, I don't know if specific soundproof materials were removed, but lighter items were substituted. Less mass, less soundproofing generally.
now this is where it becomes confusing

the US base model (blue) does have less, but the UK base model (SE) don't, just lower spec

welcome to the global nature of cars and how the importers treat there own markets differently :(

makes our life on here trying to make sense of it a total nightmare

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Lots of SKUs for the manufacturer on just models, then there are parts and manuals for each. I'm surprised they didn't lighten the base model in the UK too, but perhaps the mpg numbers they give are so far out of touch with reality it doesn't matter.

In the US, EPA numbers are pretty reliable. Normal drivers don't often get there, but some regularly beat them including me. But I have to have the comparable number to know what I'm likely to achieve. There are some cars that underperform EPA ratings, and very few that over perform (notably the latest Prius). Problems can arise because the EPA "trusts" the manufacturer with fairly small oversight, but when the cars don't perform, it does cost the manufacturer. For example the Ford hybrids took improperly took the Fusion's mpg and said the heavier SUV models with considerably higher cdA got effectively the same mpg based on having the same drivetrain. Hyundai also settled for a lot of money a couple years ago.

·
Registered
359 Posts
And to think this is just the beginning, imagine how more different things will be as the years go on between different market models. Then there's the possibility for them to expand into other markets which maybe signals a cheaper trim, but for those new and growing markets only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts