Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Ioniq plug-in Hybrid Premium Preferred Plus
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I currently own a 2019 Hyundai Ioniq premium preferred plus, sitting at 58,000km (36040Mi).

I have driven this car every day since new and it has never had this issue until October of 2020.
When I move from any stop, and I mean any stop. the car will make a very loud thud and will feel like you have just been rear ended. I have taken it to my dealer many times and they say they have no clue what it is; I even had a Hyundai technician drive with me and the car did it. His response was "Well I have never experienced anything like that!". This isn't the normal clunk noise it makes when switching between the ICE and PHEV.

This car has been in for every single service since new. At this point I'm waiting for it to break as none of the technicians have been of help.
Has anyone had a similar problem? It sounds like the front right brake sticking, as it sounds and feels as though its coming from there; the technicians stated that isn't the case.

All Hyundai repair shops are saying "Drive it until it breaks, we have it logged so it will still be under warranty if it breaks after warranty." To me that's a real shitty fake out on their end.

Any help would be appreciated. Other than that, its been fantastic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Have a look at this thread

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Ioniq plug-in Hybrid Premium Preferred Plus
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I went through the thread but it appears my car has more mileage and does it more than most cars... so it seems the more you drive the more it happens. Mine lays rubber when it does it and it's as soon as I depress the brake it goes BANG. Not even any gas nor has the gas engine come on. I tried the same scenario when i was in hybrid mode and sport, same issue... if I find out what's causing it I will update

1 - 3 of 3 Posts