Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it have a CD player or aux input? What about A/V input?

only thing I can see for definite is an "AUX" input between the two 12v sockets in front of the wireless charging pad

Foto 26 de 60 ? Hyundai Ioniq, a prueba: las 6 claves para desbancar a Prius y Leaf ? Diariomotor

very few cars have a CD now, they are so 90's, and with the apple and android integration I think you are expected to stream your music from your phone not play it off silver Frisbee's :laugh:0:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
blue car 1 - I agree with your assessment.

My 2015 Avalon hybrid has a CD player (I think)(I have never used it).
But it was my impression that the navigation data came on a CD .... at least I know it did in my 2010 Prius.
I wonder how navigation data is loaded (and updated) if there is no CD?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Actually, map data on SD cards is pretty cool. My '14 Ford Focus ST has that, and I really like the convenience and ease of updating. The card goes into a slot inside the center console, where it's out of sight and out of mind. Updates with a new card are a breeze. A friend has a vehicle with CD-based navigation, and that seems like a much more cumbersome system to me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I really don't care about aux input as much as A/V input. Better yet HDMI input. Is there anyway to mod it to have a/v or hdmi input on Hyndais?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Almost all manufacturers use the same circuit and pin layout for their multimedia systems from year to year. If there's a way to do it for one Hyundai, chances are that same method will work on other Hyundai. It would cost too much for manufacturers to create new multimedia units for each model without sharing any basic circuits. If you look at the Toyota's video input harness from different aftermarket manufacturers, it shows the compatibilities for a lot of their cars.

·
Registered
251 Posts
ViruTypeR,

Great post! Thanks!

I thought you couldn't get a sunroof in the Ioniq, but the car pictured has one. That kicks it up another big notch in my book.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My bad on the sunroof question.

I haven't seen it listed as an option in any of the features and spec sheets I've downloaded (I might have just missed it), but a sunroof clearly shows up on many of the photos in this post and elsewhere. I guess I should have paid more attention.

That's GREAT news for those of us who like sunroofs. I realize not everyone does, of course...

·
Registered
17 Posts
My bad on the sunroof question.

I haven't seen it listed as an option in any of the features and spec sheets I've downloaded (I might have just missed it), but a sunroof clearly shows up on many of the photos in this post and elsewhere. I guess I should have paid more attention.

That's GREAT news for those of us who like sunroofs. I realize not everyone does, of course...
Yes, here in Spain, the top equipment (Style) has a sunroof.

·
Registered
251 Posts
cproaudio,

Thanks. No problem on the LKA not being available. I'll take personal responsibility for staying in my lane...

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's just interesting to see hoe power is shifted between the motor and engine when you're driving over different gradients. Makes me think of how efficient the charging feature is in cities like san fran where there are a lot of hills.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts