Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'23 Ionic 5 SEL 3000 miles- This has happened twice so far. The car was running fine in NORMAL mode. Stopped at a signal, and pressed the accelerator when I experienced low power, and would not go over 10 miles per hour. I pulled over and restarted the car. It worked properly after that, with no issues. I played with ECO and SPORT and they both worked well (and I have not had the lack of power in those modes). This happened twice so far, not sure if I might have done something, but cannot replicate this. If I had been in traffic or needed to accelerate quickly it would have been dangerous!

Has anybody experienced anything like this, or know what I might have done to cause it, so it doesn't happen again?

Love the car... I bought a '22 and 8 months later purchased the 2023 SEL (should have bought the Limited, but could not find one!!

Thanks!

· Registered
64 Posts
That happened to me but on the highway. I touched the cruise button by mistake in stop and go traffic, must have hit the smart cruise button and when the cars ahead of me started to go faster, I the car refused to go over 30, felt like it was stalling. Pretty scary to be honest. Someone mention that it could have been the smart cruise and since then no issues since I kept my fingers on the wheel rim and not laying on the buttons.
Now whether that is what happened to you. Maybe maybe not, but it sounds like what happened to me.

· Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
1,126 Posts
Don’t know the answer, but sounds like you you may have accidentally activated the speed limiter.

[edit: to clarify, if you press AND HOLD DOWN the cruise control button. That activates Speed Limit Assist. Car will not go higher than the speed set. Simply press the Cruise Control button again to turn off]

· Registered
3 Posts
Don’t know the answer, but sounds like you you may have accidentally activated the speed limiter. [edit: to clarify, if you press AND HOLD DOWN the cruise control button. That activates Speed Limit Assist. Car will not go higher than the speed set. Simply press the Cruise Control button again to turn off]
Thanks! I’ll test this today…. I guess when my Grandson borrows the car, I will Put the ‘speed limit assist’ on!! LOL….sure glad they didn’t have that control on my mom and dad’s car when I was growing up!! LOL….. Any idea why this is a ‘feature’ and what would the application normally be used before? Thanks again! Varoooom!

· Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
1,126 Posts
Designed to help people with a lead foot at times when exceeding the speed limit can be a problem/expensive.

I’ve never used it, but have read posts from drivers saying they only use this feature of cruise control.

But thinking about it, I could see it being useful because where I live CBD speed limits have just been reduced from 60 km/h to 40. With speed cameras to catch drivers. My (right foot) muscle memory from 40 years of driving on those streets at 60 km/h might earn some nasty fines 😂.

· Registered
3 Posts
Designed to help people with a lead foot at times when exceeding the speed limit can be a problem/expensive.

I’ve never used it, but have read posts from drivers saying they only use this feature of cruise control.

But thinking about it, I could see it being useful because where I live CBD speed limits have just been reduced from 60 km/h to 40. With speed cameras to catch drivers. My (right foot) muscle memory from 40 years of driving on those streets at 60 km/h might earn some nasty fines 😂.
I guess it’s convenient to have the on the control for speed limits on the steering wheel, but dangerous for us finger happy drivers who might tap it by accident while tapping his/her fingers while groovin’ out to those rock classic tunes!!!
Thanks again!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts