Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though the Gas prices are pretty low recently, I assume it's not going to stay that way forever so I'm looking into electric car options for the future and there's no way I can afford a Tesla.

Depending on how the Hyundai ioniq is priced and how far the electric version can travel, it could be my new electric after it's release.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That describes my situation. From all the video's we have seen thus far, the Ioniq looks pretty interesting. Too bad they are not in english. We are left to guess at all the features.

I'm anxious to read about the range for the electric, as well as the cost. If I understand correctly, the release will be in the 3rd quarter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Seems like this will be more expensive than the Bolt and Volt but less expensive than a Tesla. That's a big spot, but you get the point.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Help me understand ..... you suspect the EV Ioniq will be more expensive that the Bolt and Volt?

I sure hope not. That would seriously cool interest (I would think). Clearly (or at least I think so), Hyundai has targeted the Prius, and from the speculation I have seen, the cost will be under the Prius. Toyota does not make a pure EV car (at least to my knowledge), so logically, Hyundai would make every effort to get below the Volt price wise.

But I just speculating. I don't know anything about prices.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's cheaper than the Bolt, I may as well go in that direction for a long range EV. Hyundai won't be able to compete if they have a shorter range and costs more.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also not expecting much different in price, but i am interested in seeing how they will be optioned out since i'm looking for value. It helps that i'm not loyal to any brand.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just think of Chevy as being an affordable brand. Hyundai isn't expensive by any means, but in comparison, and also judging by the design, I am just expecting them to price a theirs a tiny bit higher.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Chevy does indeed have that advantage since they have established themselves for a while now, Hyundai still has to prove themselves being a foreign brand, but so far they've been doing that well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts