Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have read a lot of posts on here in the last couple of days and was wondering if anyone has a 2020 model and what they think? I am torn between the Premium and Premium SE, but leaning towards the SE. The other car I am considering is the Toyota CH-R but for the money, I keep coming back to the Hyundai...

I currently have a Toyota Auris hybrid, but thats due to go back to the dealer in a few months, hence looking for something new.

Is the difference in spec worth it from the Premium to the Premium SE?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Only you can make the choice based on what your need is and of course what you can afford and how much you want to pay.

For us it was the 2020 1st edition as it fell between the two.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only you can make the choice based on what your need is and of course what you can afford and how much you want to pay.

For us it was the 2020 1st edition as it fell between the two.
I did really like the First Edition, but when I went to the dealer he said they are no longer available?

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's strange, my local dealer has an unsold 1st Edition in their showroom and mine is being delivered via Leaseplan on Monday.

For almost identical money to the Premium you get the enhanced cruise control, LED headlights, electric parking brake and the larger wheels, but most importantly for my personal preferances, it does not come with leather seats which the Premium SE does.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Even the first gen Leaf looks better than a CH-R. If you get one, lease it. Then you won't have to face the laughter in 4 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's strange, my local dealer has an unsold 1st Edition in their showroom and mine is being delivered via Leaseplan on Monday.

For almost identical money to the Premium you get the enhanced cruise control, LED headlights, electric parking brake and the larger wheels, but most importantly for my personal preferances, it does not come with leather seats which the Premium SE does.
I think my preference would be the First Edition, I am going back to the dealer on Monday so will give him a prod and ask him to have another look.

The only thing the SE comes with that the FE doesn't is the memory seating which I think my OH likes the idea of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even the first gen Leaf looks better than a CH-R. If you get one, lease it. Then you won't have to face the laughter in 4 years.
Anything I get will be leased :) I think the CH-R is like marmite, its love or hate.... and generally on the hate side haha.

·
Super Moderator
7,951 Posts
look at the 1st edition, its part way between the premium / premium SE and has most of the good features people want

my way of looking at it is narrow down the differences in spec, see which bits you want, prefer, don't care about then look at the difference in price and make your decision based on that

i did that and got the premium hybrid when the ioniq came out in 2016, starting to look at replacement as my car is nearly out of negative equity on my PCP which ends in november (was a 4 year term)

my issues is do i go plugin or full EV this time round, which is an even more fun choice

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been driving a Hybrid First Edition for a Month.......gotta tell ya........I simply love the car and it's array of features.
Just so you know...........I'm hard to please when it comes to cars.

Any direct questions.....just shout

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think my preference would be the First Edition, I am going back to the dealer on Monday so will give him a prod and ask him to have another look.

The only thing the SE comes with that the FE doesn't is the memory seating which I think my OH likes the idea of.
There is also the small matter of leather seats with cooling!! Personally I try to avoid leather so it wasn't an issue for me

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So I ended up passing a different Hyundai dealership this morning and decided to pop my head in. They say they have plenty availability of the First Edition, and shouldn't have a problem getting one. Their demonstration model is also a First Edition, so I ran that out and I have to say, I was very impressed....

I think I have made my made my mind up, and shall be joining you all very soon.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Anything I get will be leased :) I think the CH-R is like marmite, its love or hate.... and generally on the hate side haha.
Marmite? You are probably making the common British mistake. You have to put it on the same side as the Australians do, which in Britain means the bottom side. Makes heaps of difference to the taste.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marmite? You are probably making the common British mistake. You have to put it on the same side as the Australians do, which in Britain means the bottom side. Makes heaps of difference to the taste.
But surely they use the veggimite variety :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Vegemite

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
So I ended up passing a different Hyundai dealership this morning and decided to pop my head in. They say they have plenty availability of the First Edition, and shouldn't have a problem getting one. Their demonstration model is also a First Edition, so I ran that out and I have to say, I was very impressed....

I think I have made my made my mind up, and shall be joining you all very soon.
What's the mileage on the demonstrator and will they sell it to you ?...at a good price of course :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I bought 2018 Premium SE demonstrator with 3000 miles last August.
go for the SE. It’s worth it for memory seats and the other toys!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the mileage on the demonstrator and will they sell it to you ?...at a good price of course :)
I am a motability customer, so I get a very good lease for 3 years. If I can get the 1st Edition I pay £99 upfront, the Premium SE is £449 upfront.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The difference in the FE and Premium SE is £250 for which you get
Privacy Glass
Leather seats (DRivers is Electric with 2 memory functions)
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Blind Spot Alert
Ventilated Seats
Automatic Defog
Automatic Windscreen wipers

I have missed a couple of bits but cannot think exactly what they are.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts