Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My experience of active LKAS in my own car is different to that of my test drives. My own Ioniq seems to want to veer to the left and hug the left side of the lane.

Do people use LKAS on one lane each way roads? Or are you like me and use it only for dual carriageway and motorways?

Experiences welcome, and specially as I think my lkas is a little flakey?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reassured. Thanks Bluecar1... it's not just my car, phew

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But normal doesn't make it a good thing! That kind of worries me haha
The truth of the matter is none of us should rely on it to steer the car for us. I certainly don't. But yes, what is worrying is that some may not think the same way as me and most others and find themselves in the ditch. Perhaps this is why the active system is not available in the states? Are they wiser than us in Europe lol.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
More likely some issue Hyundai USA legal team member has with liability should an accident be pinned on a malfunction. Huge money here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The truth of the matter is none of us should rely on it to steer the car for us. I certainly don't. But yes, what is worrying is that some may not think the same way as me and most others and find themselves in the ditch. Perhaps this is why the active system is not available in the states? Are they wiser than us in Europe lol.
No I think they have more morons in the US. ;)

I once read about a guy who turned on cruise control on his motor home and then got out of his seat, he apparently thought it would steer the vehicle for him :laugh: LKAS could be mistaken for autonomous driving by the wrong person.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
LKAS could be mistaken for autonomous driving by the wrong person.
Like the Chinese parents who lost their 23 year old son because his Tesla Model S did not notice that the lane was blocked...

·
Registered
260 Posts
LKAS may have some problems but it's still better than nothing.

Texas church bus crash: Driver admitted texting while driving, witness says | Fox News

·
Registered
31 Posts
LKAS seems to want to veer to the left lane marker for me too. Could be due to the slight misalignment of the wheels though (or uneven loading) as it is only controlling the steering input.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I wonder if lane position can be adjusted.

It might also be country specific. I've toured GB and parts of Europe by bicycle with some driving too, and noticed that the British and Europeans tend to hug the left and right side of their lanes respectively. In the U.S., most tend towards the centerline. Very rare to see anyone hugging the right other than the inebriated. Perhaps GB/Europe learned this because of their often narrow roads, but it was a bit unsettling to U.S. cyclists. I must say, European drivers are very attentive and there were no near misses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts