Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What you guys mean don't do it? it's part of car feature and technology.

HDA (Highway Driving Assist)
A system that assists highway driving (remaining inside the lane and maintaining clearance) by minimizing human intervention

Misunderstanding and Truth in Highway Assistance Systems (HDA)
It is not long before drivers who only watched in fantasy movies could see self-driving cars moving by themselves without manipulating the vehicle . However, many of these expectations seem to mislead and confuse the technology of autonomous vehicles . Today, we are going to explore the misconceptions and truths about the “ element technology ” HDA of autonomous driving technology.

Highway Driving Support System-HDA
HDA is a Highway Driving Assist abbreviation of the interval, speed, lane, then sideways warning of such a complex system of support for highway driving. HDA is a feature applied to increase driver comfort and stability on highway driving. Two- level autonomous driving is achieved by the Inter- Space Distance Control (ASCC) , which maintains the distance between cars, the Lane Keeping Function (LKAS), which helps prevent accidents from occurring due to lane departure, and navigation location information.

Difference between LKAS and HDA
LKAS and HDA look similar, but are quite different systems. The function of the LKAS is a lane departure warning system to detect lanes and move the vehicle toward the center without leaving the lane. HDA, on the other hand, is a steering control system that recognizes a lane and draws a line in the center of the lane to follow it. Due to these differences, the optimum speed of system application is also different . LKAS is a useful system for roads and roads with speeds below 80 km/h, and HDA is optimized for speeds above 80 km/h and below 110 km/h.

Clearly distinguish HDA and HUD.
There is often confusion between HDA systems and HUD systems . HUD is a Head Up Display stands for refers to a feature that displays the information required for vehicle travel as the front display on the windshield . It was developed for military purposes so that Air Force fighter pilots can look ahead and check various specifications . This technology is developed and applied to automobiles, and it is a system that helps you to understand at a glance the meter information and the navigation information of the navigation while looking ahead . HUD is also expected to evolve into a next-generation interface information medium that enables drivers to communicate with the car and its surroundings in future cars .

Many people HDA air contact for technical information, are often misunderstood because you technology that autonomous cars driving by on the highway. Strictly speaking, however, this system is not a technology that enables perfect autonomous driving. An assistance system to reduce the fatigue of drivers driving on the highway. Several technologies are combined with state-of-the-art functions as, in the near future ' autonomous ' is to help enable "component technologies" is a count.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2020 PHEV we got just recently has both LKA and HDA. I really didn't understand the difference since they seem to do very similar things. From what I could find, LKA is what it sounds like, it'll adjust steering to keep the car in-between the lanes as it can see them. Goofy things...to me, it seems that it tends to hug one side of the lane or the other and sometimes gradually "bumps" from one side line to the other. The most unnerving part is that if you're in the left lane and it splits to be an off ramp the car may start to follow the off ramp vs. going straight. Not severe and definitely not an issue if you're controlling the steering, but at times you're slightly pushing against the wheel to go straight as the car adjusts steering to take the off ramp. Cruise control does not have to be engaged for LKA to be active.

HDA...as the manual states, engages when you set the adaptive cruise control and are traveling at the highway speed limit. The manual seems to state that (for us in Toronto, Canada) that HDA will work for 400 series highways. I haven't done much driving with it on other regional roads or county roads (speeds are different). I got the impression that for the 400 series of highways that HDA would try to also adjust for bends/curves in the highway...(e.g. to reduce speed around bends as necessary)...but I haven't experience that. The 400 series of highways are really pretty straight and I can't say that I've ever seen anyone adjust speeds, everyone just goes flat out or goes with the speed of traffic. I've noticed that HDA won't engage if you're not going the posted speed limit (e.g. traffic is going 90km/h vs 100....or you're going 120km/h vs. 100), but it will engage when you're doing 100. I can't tell what HDA is doing over and above LKA and ACC...maybe it's doing other things, but I can't tell.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Sure it is. Filling your head with marketing acronyms making you believe your car is better than last year's model. And it might be, but not because they invented a new phrase for the same function.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have an EV with only LKAS and i've done plenty of highway (most of my driving, in fact) so I'm fairly used to how the car behaves.

My door had to be repainted today (dealer's fault at delivery) so they lent me the same Ioniq but with the top trim that comes with LFA instead of LKAS.
I don't know if it's placebo effect, but I swear the car is way better at actually following the lane instead of staying in it. No more "ping pong" effect and smooth in the curves.

I believe HDA is LFA but I could be mistaken, they use different terminology for different countries.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Slush on the freeway here last night, and LKAS corrections were disturbing, easily mistaken for slipping on slush. Almost everyone limited their speed to 50 mph. Turned it off for the first time on a limited access highway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts