Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Hope you are having a great day.

I have connected my car to my wifi hotspot and am receiving live traffic and weather updates on the info button as it should be.

However, when I search live poi it searches then says about a delay in download and to check my internet connection. It never actually finds anything and loops between searching and the delay message.

I am usually on 4G and have great connection.

Has anyone else encountered this or does their live search for poi work fine.

Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never finds anything on mine either, but I don't get the delay in download message.
Might be an issue that needs looking at by Hyundai :(

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't have this problem. I set up the connection with the Hyundai app for Android. When I only connect with bluetooth, not using the app, I don't get the life traffic and weather forecast. It needs the WiFi connection as well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm still getting the message about a delay in the network data and that I should check my mobile phone, when searching for live POI. The weather and live traffic is fine. I still get the message when connected to home wifi.

I have, once, in four weeks been able to search live POI and am a little disappointed.

Just checking in to see if anyone else experiences this, and found a solution, before I go back to the dealer with the car.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got same message the other night connected via hotspot on phone and direct to my home broadband (60mbit fibre), so appears to be an issue with the nav system
Thanks.

I'll be taking the issue to the dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Same message over here, BUT you have to be a little patient. After 15 seconds my satnav starts downloading live POI data and then the input screen for entering the POI name is displayed. My home network is 150 mbps cable. So it seems to me that it works fine. Annoying is the little delay. Furthermore I would prefer a POI list instead of entering a name which more or less is always a guess. Attached you find my firmware specs.

Also live weather and traffic is received fairly quick.
But come on Hyundai. It can be done better !

Attachments

·
Registered
776 Posts
I rest my case. Same problem over here. Perhaps misinterpreted the download yesterday. Today it loops between the message and downloading. This is a general firmware bug. I trust Hyundai reading this forum.
Do something about it and upgrade your testplans.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Can you show in a picture how it looks like? I believe there is some misunderstanding what Live POI's exactly deliver. Yesterday before it seemed to have worked for me and now not anymore.
Whats the update freq for live POI's?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Can you show in a picture how it looks like? I believe there is some misunderstanding what Live POI's exactly deliver. Yesterday before it seemed to have worked for me and now not anymore.
Whats the update freq for live POI's?
I just click on the three bars at the bottom left of the corner like I would for setting a route and choose nearby POI then choose a category eg petrol stations and it gives me a list of all those nearby

·
Registered
776 Posts
Dont think this is live POI info but built in POI,s. Live POI. are received under info menu like weather and traffic.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dont think this is live POI info but built in POI,s. Live POI. are received under info menu like weather and traffic.
Correct live poi are in the info section with the weather. The poi in the destination entry section are from map data onboard.

Interestingly since swapping to a Hauwei mobile wifi thingy it has worked quite well for me. Also swapped to 3 mobile for data sim from BT on my iPhone.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Can anyone explain WHAT live POI are, how they LOOK like on the screen (Picture) and finally how many TIMES they are updated in an hour. Weather and traffic work fine but I never get a bit of live POI received. Perhaps I live in a very dull environment. Everybody turns around when I pass in my Ioniq, is that the only POI??

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just went into the live poi and typed something in and searched and it comes back with a list of results and distances

For example I typed in food and it came back with some local restaurants and other food outlets. Whereas I typed in national trust for which we have local places nearby but it found nothing and came back with various weird things with the name national in them

Not sure I can be bothered or would really use it but I guess it could be useful if really stuck. I tried it a few times on a journey and it came back with things local to where I was each time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Live POI problem is resolved. It looks silly but the only thing you need for Live POI to work without polling and looping between downloading and the data transfer delayed message is:

ENTER A DESTINATION !!
.... and let the satnav calculate a route. After that push the physical info button and select Live POI. Select current position or destination. Fill in any typical word you want to search for. E.g I entered the word Chinese at destination. It promptly comes up with all 49 chinese restaurants in 's-Hertogenbosch. Its that easy! Also works at current position.
Without a route the system falls back into the known looping. Well, it costed me a month to figure this out, but it works. Better late than never.

Now lets look into the next issue. Pffffffff,.....:-((

Reactions: CdnOntDriver
1 - 20 of 22 Posts