Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 Ioniq Elite has just started refusing to charge with the domestic charging cable (in-line control unit). Took it to the dealer who confirmed the problem was a known issue with the solenoid that activates the charging cable locking pin, thus causing the charging to refuse to start. They will replace the part under warranty. However, the vehicle can be charged OK at public CCS high capacity charging stations, so it is not off the road yet.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The noise I often from the rubber pad in the front of the Door that's rubbing against the chassis. View attachment 31242
I have this same problem on my passenger door. It only happens when outdoor temperature is cold. I didn't know where it was coming from, now I will fix it like you suggested and or use some silicon.

I was wondering if you or any one else has their cargo cover not being smooth. Mine is sticking and not retracting back in smoothly as when brand new.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
So over the last few days been having problems with the middle screen not turning on when the car starts. I had to turn the car off then on again. happened twice in the last two weeks. Then the next day it becomes laggy with touch response but did start up normally. The laggy response goes away after a minute or two. Monitoring it for a couple more days too see if it happens again. Really don't want to go to the dealer since it does not seem to be reapable or frequent enough yet. Wondering if anyone else had this happen. Or is this a Hyundai added feature to give it more of a Tesla feel (My attempt to make a joke about the tesla screen restarting while driving.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
So over the last few days been having problems with the middle screen not turning on when the car starts. I had to turn the car off then on again. happened twice in the last two weeks. Then the next day it becomes laggy with touch response but did start up normally. The laggy response goes away after a minute or two. Monitoring it for a couple more days too see if it happens again. Really don't want to go to the dealer since it does not seem to be reapable or frequent enough yet. Wondering if anyone else had this happen. Or is this a Hyundai added feature to give it more of a Tesla feel (My attempt to make a joke about the tesla screen restarting while driving.)
Hi not sure if you ended up doing anything with this issue. We had ours do the same thing for an hour then completely went black. Apparently the infotainment unit has bad insulation that causes the unit to overheat and short out in some units (ours happened while doing a long day trip). It is a known issue in the dealership and was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
Ioniq 2020 Premium SE
101 Posts
2020 premium SE.
1) Intermittent creaking from rear when going over bumps, initially I thought this was a loose rear seat U fixing, but now I am fairly sure it's coming from the hatchback itself. Have seen other people had similar issues, will let dealer know at first service in Feb.
2) Flat 12 volt, 5 times, 4 trips to dealer. First 3 times no apparent cause, battery changed at second time. At the last occurrence an error code pointed them to the passenger side door locks which had no/faulty water proofing on the electrical contacts shorting them out and keeping the car awake. Several of these happened after rain or washing the car.
3) Loose hinge on offside passenger side rear seat with plastic cone bush found loose in the hinge, sorted on one of the many trips to sort out the 12volt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
2017 EV Canada

1.Driver door push button stopped working, replaced under warranty, need 3 visits to dealership to paint the new part then replace.
2.Snow accumulation under the hood on a snowy and windy day, rubber seal under hood was not seal tight, razed the seal little bit, so far so good.
3.Portable charger not working. Replaced on my own expense.
4.Sound Volume don't change with increase in speed, but it should, there is a setting for that. dealership couldn't acknowledge the problem, no big deal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
2020 Preferred

A/C until was shot, wouldn't hold the refridgerant in the summer. They took it in, spent a week working on it (after 5 appointments had failed). They ended up ordering a whole new one under warranty.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Irracticaly, driver side door lock will not close or open using the key fob. Have not taken it to dealership under warranty yet.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq SE EV
44 Posts
Irracticaly, driver side door lock will not close or open using the key fob. Have not taken it to dealership under warranty yet.
1. Charging at only 5kwh using level 2 (should be 7.2kwh)
2. charging cable locking doesn‘t work - setting set to “always”. Auto lock mode button doesn’t exist in 2020.

·
Registered
237 Posts
1. Charging at only 5kwh using level 2 (should be 7.2kwh)
2. charging cable locking doesn‘t work - setting set to “always”. Auto lock mode button doesn’t exist in 2020.
1. You could be getting 5kW to the battery, the rest 2,2kW could be going to battery heater, charging losses (10%) and if your car is "on" then the cabin heater etc could be on.
2. Charging cable locking is a common problem in Europe with type 2 cable resulting in failure to charge at all! I solved my locking problem by applying thin oil to the locking claw in the charging port, has worked for a month or so.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq SE EV
44 Posts
1. You could be getting 5kW to the battery, the rest 2,2kW could be going to battery heater, charging losses (10%) and if your car is "on" then the cabin heater etc could be on.
2. Charging cable locking is a common problem in Europe with type 2 cable resulting in failure to charge at all! I solved my locking problem by applying thin oil to the locking claw in the charging port, has worked for a month or so.
I never had this issue of charging loss on my 2019 Ioniq.
not sure I am comfortable putting oil anywhere near the charge port 😂

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 2017 Premium
12 Posts
2017 Ioniq Premium EV

Had a problem with slow charging for several months plus occasional power outages, particularly when using regen heavily on approaching a junction. The charging problem occurred on multiple chargers using different cables - sometimes the charge would run at normal speed (approx 5kW on my charger) and other times it would charge at full speed for an hour and so and then drop to a trickle charge of 0.5kW or less for no obvious reason. The SoC of the car was not a factor.

The garage said it's a very unusual fault with the grounding of the electrical system in the car - it took a couple of visits for them to work this out, after trying some other things. They installed an additional earth cable under the car that is a non-Hyundai part that they had to put together themselves. These two problems were solved by this.

·
Registered
2018 Ioniq Premium +
10 Posts
Right front door makes a screeching noise when opened or closed. Sometimes it disappears...and comes back later. It does not come from gasket, and the hinges have been oiled and greased in Hyundai service. No big deal but lowers the feeling of quality quite a lot.
I had the same problem and it's quick fix with silicone spray on the rubber just above door hinges

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
343 Posts
My experience if the battery heater is running though is that the dash still displays the kW being received, so should still show 6.6kW for example, the 2.2kW diverted to the battery heater will just be evident as a slower charging time. And it should only slow the charging for about 40minutes-1hour, until the battery has reached 20C. So unless OP is only charging for an hour at a time, it won't have a huge impact on a long charge session.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq SE EV
44 Posts
My experience if the battery heater is running though is that the dash still displays the kW being received, so should still show 6.6kW for example, the 2.2kW diverted to the battery heater will just be evident as a slower charging time. And it should only slow the charging for about 40minutes-1hour, until the battery has reached 20C. So unless OP is only charging for an hour at a time, it won't have a huge impact on a long charge session.
Thanks. I didn’t have any slow charging issues with my 2019 Ioniq Electric base. My 2020 Ioniq Electric is the one that is charging slow despite an upgraded onboard 7.2kw charger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, does anybody have a real photo of the actual Ioniq 2020 battery, I want to use it for a solar project, and I could buy it in about 2 weeks, but until than I'm very curious to see how the cells are aligned, and how easy would be to reconfigure them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
MY '21, 3000 miles, electrical fault p0a42, c182c00,c183f00. Dealer cleared codes and performed two 5 mile drive cycles. No reason given for fault codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Ioniq EV base around 45K miles

While stopped at a light with auto hold on, electronic parking brake (EPB) failure warning appeared, then went away after pulling away. Warning about EPB was on screen, and auto hold was disabled until I turned off Ioniq. Repeated a few times that week, then I had Hyundai dealer investigate. Dealer couldn't replicate, but after they contacted Hyundai, Hyundai recommended a "drive unit" replacement. 1.5 weeks later, repair bill was nearly $10k for the drive unit; I didn't pay, as it's under warranty!

No other issues.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
212 Posts
2018 Ioniq EV base around 45K miles

While stopped at a light with auto hold on, electronic parking brake (EPB) failure warning appeared, then went away after pulling away. Warning about EPB was on screen, and auto hold was disabled until I turned off Ioniq. Repeated a few times that week, then I had Hyundai dealer investigate. Dealer couldn't replicate, but after they contacted Hyundai, Hyundai recommended a "drive unit" replacement. 1.5 weeks later, repair bill was nearly $10k for the drive unit; I didn't pay, as it's under warranty!

No other issues.
Woah, imagine getting that after the warranty expired! If keeping the car until it reaches the end of its useful life, an extended warranty isn't a bad idea. Did Hyundai go into detail about what was wrong with the drive unit?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts