Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm a bit confused with this talk of colour matching. My Polar White has chrome handles. Do some trims have coloured handles?
In Canada on the EV models, the two bottom trims are body coloured, top trim is chrome.

Reactions: bluioniq

·
Registered
431 Posts
Whoops! This just happened when the wife closed the rear door after putting her bag on the back seat. Hopefully it'll be under warranty because there was no damage to the handle. It looks like the plastic cracked around the bolt. Anyone else had this? I'm going to email these images to the local dealer if I can and see what they say.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
These are quite common in Hyundai vehicles. Our company has several i30 sports wagons and one handle fell after no violence apart from ordinary use.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Whoops! This just happened when the wife closed the rear door after putting her bag on the back seat. Hopefully it'll be under warranty because there was no damage to the handle. It looks like the plastic cracked around the bolt. Anyone else had this? I'm going to email these images to the local dealer if I can and see what they say.
That's terrible. Seems like this is bad design or bad quality plastic construction.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The dealership has reserved a door handle and are fitting it on Friday. I'm quite impressed with the service. I think emailing the photos may have speeded things up. I didn't have to waste time taking it in for inspection.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The dealership has reserved a door handle and are fitting it on Friday. I'm quite impressed with the service. I think emailing the photos may have speeded things up. I didn't have to waste time taking it in for inspection.
Your dealership is better than mine. Wife took car in for 5000 mile maintenance. They kept trying to tell her she needed a oil change. She had to educate the service guy about EVs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2017 Ioniq EV Limited with 62,000 miles in SoCal, US. No issues except, lately it makes a few loud thump noise initially after starting the vehicle cold and driving over a driveway or a speed bump in the parking lot. It goes away after it's driven. Its coming from the rear right side of the vehicle. It sounds like the strut. I took it into the dealer but they said my full service coverage expired at 50,000 miles so decided not to investigate any further.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I guess I should add myself too here for the charging port lock problem on Ioniq EV. Today. Plugged it on a public CCS to charge and it just made some buzzing sound from the socket and did not lock, did not start charging. Tried several times (tried the AC Type 2 plug too), that buzzing every time and doesn't start charging. Finally while wife was plugging it in, I yanked the wire in the boot several times and it locked and started charging.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Right front door makes a screeching noise when opened or closed. Sometimes it disappears...and comes back later. It does not come from gasket, and the hinges have been oiled and greased in Hyundai service.
The same irritating noise from right front door continues. 25000 km now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just picked a base MY2019 up, and it sounds like it has a bad wheel bearing, but can't pinpoint the side. Hopefully it's not the motor. Guess I'll have to bring it in, but you'd think they could have tested/spotted this at the factory :(

41 - 60 of 93 Posts