Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My preference is for the Limited RWD. Contacting several dealers in South Florida none have any idea when the Limited will become available. There are plenty of SEL's available now and in the near future. The closest dealer to me will soon have a SEL AWD with the exterior and interior colors I like. So I am torn whether to go with the SEL now as opposed to waiting for the Limited.

Living in South Florida there is really little need for the AWD though the extra power would be nice (more fun). The dealer is charging a Market Value Fee of an unknown amount though they say they will "work" with me as I have a valuable trade-in. My guess is that the extra fees will be with us for the foreseeable future.

The Limited does have features I do like: Panoramic roof, rain-sensing wipers, heads up display, drivers seat memory, power front seats, ventilated seats, sliding center counsel, rear window sun shades, remote smart park assist. These seem to me to be worth the extra money.

So, it comes down to waiting for what I really want or get something close now. What do you think?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wait for what you want! And test drive to see if RWD has sufficient power.

Personally I think I could have settled for an SEL until they started showing up and we found out that the side trim is gray, unpainted plastic rather than the silver painted as the Hyundai feature guide originally led us to believe for SEL.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are no Limited nor SEL hybrids. I was very clear.
This sub-forum is hybrids - which is why I deleted my comment.

I was saying that I spoke to 7 FL dealers and got markups from $0 to $10K (Jenkins group - Ocala and Leesburg). Any dealer that says "we'll work it out" - run away from. They should be very clear about their markup. Most markups are around $3K-4K which for most trims is too much IMO.

I was able to secure a Limited AWD from a FL dealer via having them reserve the VIN from their Hyundai system. Unfortunately I had to pay markup. Thankfully not $10K.

·
Registered
112 Posts
From my query there are only a few available SEL AWD in FL. Everyone that spoke to (because I wanted an SEL AWD before I secured the Limited) have non-trivial markups.

Font Rectangle Parallel Music Pattern

·
Registered
IONIQ5,lounge+Vision,73kWh,Phantom Black
19 Posts
My preference is for the Limited RWD. Contacting several dealers in South Florida none have any idea when the Limited will become available. There are plenty of SEL's available now and in the near future. The closest dealer to me will soon have a SEL AWD with the exterior and interior colors I like. So I am torn whether to go with the SEL now as opposed to waiting for the Limited.

Living in South Florida there is really little need for the AWD though the extra power would be nice (more fun). The dealer is charging a Market Value Fee of an unknown amount though they say they will "work" with me as I have a valuable trade-in. My guess is that the extra fees will be with us for the foreseeable future.

The Limited does have features I do like: Panoramic roof, rain-sensing wipers, heads up display, drivers seat memory, power front seats, ventilated seats, sliding center counsel, rear window sun shades, remote smart park assist. These seem to me to be worth the extra money.

So, it comes down to waiting for what I really want or get something close now. What do you think?
I have not a Limited but a Lounge edition ,RWD,73kWh, delivers 11/2022 ,but this has all the Xtra's you mentioned. What do you mean by SEL ?? regards from Holland ( The Netherlands )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am now starting to see some Limited models coming into South Florida early Feb. So, I have decided to just wait for the right Limited. Thanks to all for your helpful comments.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts