Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
does anybody know if it is somehow possible to upgrade the 2020 model with LFA if that isn't part of the original equipment?
I'm buying a new electric model and the ones on stock have the full equipment except LFA. It bugs me a lot because this is a nice addition and I want it in a car that costs that much.
LKA in this car is very bad. Worse than it was in my i30.

Thanks for answering

·
Registered
582 Posts
I might be wrong, and if so I'm sure I'll be corrected, but I think that LKA is more than just a software feature. It relies on specific hardware to function. I can't see Hyundai including those components in a vehicle and turning them off just and not charging for them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has LKA but not LFA, that is why I'm asking.
The salesman said it's a different camera but I somehow doubt it... Even so, cameras can be changed if needed probably.

·
Registered
2017 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 July '17
1,793 Posts
Beyond being a basic combination of LKA and SCC, I'm still not sure what added benefit LFA gives.

With regards to LKA, are you using it in normal or active mode? Members have reported it's much more efficient in Active mode.

Also, where abouts are you from? Can you add your location to your profile? You can do so by selecting Account Settings from your avatar in the upper right. Lots of differences on these cars between countries, and it can help provide you better feedback to get an answer from someone in the same country as you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LFA adds keeping the car in the center of the lane which LKA doesn't do.
I'm from central Europe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts