Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's use this nice new set of sensibly-labelled subsections!

Several people have been kept awake at night by the flashing of the Charging LEDs inside the chargeport. No idea why H designed it like this,
what was wrong with the low-brightness blue leds on the dashboard of the original Ioniq 28 & 38?

So I now 3D print a simple cover that clips over the Chargeport-Door-Pillar to stop this nuisance. Details & chit-chat here:
Hyundai Ioniq 5 LED Charging Lights Cover

Reactions: TRT

·
Registered
867 Posts

Several people have been kept awake at night by the flashing of the Charging LEDs inside the chargeport. No idea why H designed it like this,
what was wrong with the low-brightness blue leds on the dashboard of the original Ioniq 28 & 38?

So I now 3D print a simple cover that clips over the Chargeport-Door-Pillar to stop this nuisance. Details & chit-chat here:
Hate the sub sections - just make sit more awkward to look at my unread posts. Previously, I could just see my unread ones by looking at the highlighted lists. Scrolling through a list of categories is of no help, especially when posts will end up in the wrong categories. There is a very goo d search function to find specific info.

·
Registered
867 Posts

Just put the rubber cap from the cable over the lights.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Scissors and a bit of old plastic sheet such as a food tray does the job better for less.
Or you could just pay HandyAndy £3 (incl p&p) and have something that does not look like a dog's breakfast. Maybe your time is free, but others have better things to do with their time than cutting up old plastic.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Or you could just pay HandyAndy £3 (incl p&p) and have something that does not look like a dog's breakfast. Maybe your time is free, but others have better things to do with their time than cutting up old plastic.
I only needed it once, didn't care what it looked like, and wanted it in a hurry. Less than a minute later the lights were covered by a bit of cardboard and my wife had stopped complaining. When we came back from holiday it went back in the recycling bin. Sometimes the simple solution is the best one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts