Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Quick inaurance question, is it normally an issue or big proce change to insure a leased car on a PCH agreement?

When they ask am i the registerd keeper what do i say? As i though i was the registerd keeper but i do not own the car?

All Answers thanks in advance.

Jack

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
If it's a lease you are not the registered keeper, your lease company or dealership is, however I would double check with them as I did.

I didn't see any price difference in insurance quotes between my last car and the lease other than the Ioniq was cheaper, by like £50/month.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Some leasers/suppliers insist they are responsible for insurance. I could have saved around 500 per year and had my wife insured on my Ioniq (she had one writeoff and minor accidents in 3 years both full blame) than what the leasers are providing if they let me insure with direct line who I have been with years.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi All,

Quick inaurance question, is it normally an issue or big proce change to insure a leased car on a PCH agreement?

When they ask am i the registerd keeper what do i say? As i though i was the registerd keeper but i do not own the car?

All Answers thanks in advance.

Jack

@cossie333 I'm on my 3rd PCH deal. As others have said the finance company are the register keepers and owners of the vehicle. They always held the V5 doc and were also responsible for the VED. It makes no difference to insurance cost that I have noticed.

I'm a huge fan of PCH, its a great way to run a vehicle. Hyundai's recent deals on the Ioniq have been really good.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just to add, increased cost for me was due to the fact I didn't want to transfer my existing no claims from my golf (as Ioniq is a second car) so effectively I have a "new" policy. Direct line were offering discount etc. Shame but at the end of the day, the leasing company are responsible for ensuring the insurance is adequate etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Probably too late now - but I found Hyundai's own insurance people were great to deal with and much cheaper than staying with my previous insurer. All a bit incestuous for me - Hyundai car leased from Hyundai leasing company and insured by Hyundai insurers! The lease deal was great - 1 + 23 payments - the car was delivered in 6 days and I got a good cash price for my 'trade in' from the Hyundai dealer. So, all in all I'm a happy bunny esp and me and more importantly the missus love the car!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Lol incestuous
I wasn't even offered Hyundai insurance :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts