Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having gone electric from our Ioniq HEV there is one mystery I cannot solve. In the HEV Lane assist was OFF by default and the switch turned it ON. In the EV the Lane Assist appears ON by default and (if you don't like it) you have to turn it off every time you start the car. I assumed this was a setting. Found Menu > User Settings > Driver Assistance > Lane Safety and turned it OFF. However, every time you start the car it is back ON!!

Anyone know whether / how this can be OFF by default and ON by the switch?

·
Super Moderator
2,016 Posts
Can't say about the EV , but I changed my 2016 HEV for a 2020 HEV in March . The Lane Assist is on by default on the 2020 HEV , so I assume this applies to the EV also . It caught me by surprise at first , I thought the steering was faulty :oops: . I preferred it off by default personally

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Don't you have a dedicated physical button to turn off lane assist? Not such a big deal to hit it. Sure, you may not make it part of your routine, but as soon as your awareness is triggered by your annoyance while driving, you can tap the button. I don't believe it is even active until around 40 mph so you may have trips where you never notice it.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,116 Posts
Don't you have a dedicated physical button to turn off lane assist? Not such a big deal to hit it. Sure, you may not make it part of your routine, but as soon as your awareness is triggered by your annoyance while driving, you can tap the button. I don't believe it is even active until around 40 mph so you may have trips where you never notice it.
The LKA isn't active until 40 mph or so but the LDW probably is, at least it is on mine. I can't speak for other model years in other markets but my LDW stays off if I turn it off and stays on if I turn it on. LKA may be different or they changed it in later years.

I can say that if I turn on the KPH alternate speedometer display, it is off again the next time I turn the car on which is very annoying but sounds like a similar issue, where the setting isn't sticking between restarts. I have not performed any steps to correct it because it's rare I need it. My car has been to Canada once.

·
Super Moderator
2,016 Posts
Yes it does have the button , so it's no big deal for me personally . On my last Ioniq and the car prior to that it was off by default , which is how I prefer it and is better for the local roads . I sometimes forget to switch it off on my 2020 when starting out in the morning and the little tug on the wheel is a little bit disconcerting at times :) .

·
Registered
333 Posts
Having gone electric from our Ioniq HEV there is one mystery I cannot solve. In the HEV Lane assist was OFF by default and the switch turned it ON. In the EV the Lane Assist appears ON by default and (if you don't like it) you have to turn it off every time you start the car. I assumed this was a setting. Found Menu > User Settings > Driver Assistance > Lane Safety and turned it OFF. However, every time you start the car it is back ON!!

Anyone know whether / how this can be OFF by default and ON by the switch?
It can't.

I don't like it either, but it's apparently mandatory by a new EU directive. But will the UK adhere to it in the future, now that the country has left the EU? I don't know...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told by my dealership that this feature is enabled as default in order to achieve the 5 star NCAP crash test score.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts