Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1061 - 1079 of 1079 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
220721 Version installed Kia EV6.

Remote Cabin Pre Heating and Cooling now working again without the app status page update trick.

No other visible changes other than the Reverse Sensors now dont seem to cut in till very close to obstruction, Mayjust be laggy unit after updating but so far that seems to be the only issue on the EV6

·
Registered
Kia Xceed 1.5 4 DCT MY20
30 Posts
No, it is all working fine for me on all the roads that I drive on, including going from a 30mph zone into a 20mph zone.
EDIT:
Have you tried resetting your head unit by pushing an unbent paper clip into the small hole adjacent to the volume knob?
Yes tried that and reloading the software as well.

The problem is the speed limits are missing from the map data, what is odd is that more people aren't reporting it

·
Registered
E-Niro 4 (MY20)
46 Posts
I've seen a few posts about the speed limits. I don't know if they are all missing or just minor and estate roads but the camera does detect them and allow them to display after you get moving. They may also be retrieved from an online server after the car is started and the online connection is made.

·
Registered
Kia Xceed 1.5 4 DCT MY20
30 Posts
I've seen a few posts about the speed limits. I don't know if they are all missing or just minor and estate roads but the camera does detect them and allow them to display after you get moving. They may also be retrieved from an online server after the car is started and the online connection is made.
The speed limit data is held within the map data, this is then superceded when the camera sees something different. The issue with the 220623 update is that large numbers of roads are missing this data

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ (MY21 model)
48 Posts
The speed limit data is held within the map data, this is then superceded when the camera sees something different. The issue with the 220623 update is that large numbers of roads are missing this data
Have you checked for the bug fixed software which replaced the earlier software. I got a 220713 update and my e-Niro 4+ doesn't have any of these problems with speed limits showing, even on minor roads around town.

·
Registered
Kia Xceed 1.5 4 DCT MY20
30 Posts
Have you checked for the bug fixed software which replaced the earlier software. I got a 220713 update and my e-Niro 4+ doesn't have any of these problems with speed limits showing, even on minor roads around town.
220623 is the latest update for my car and it is this one that introduced this bug, perhaps they have fixed it with 220713 but not re-issued the software for other cars 🤣

·
Registered
452 Posts
How do we know that the camera is detecting the speed limits ?

Does it show up in a different way ?

·
Registered
Kia Xceed 1.5 4 DCT MY20
30 Posts
How do we know that the camera is detecting the speed limits ?

Does it show up in a different way ?
The camera is only used when SLW is selected, this then shows a speed icon on the instrument cluster, this is then also mirrored on the HU (if selected).

If SLW is not selected there is no speed icon on the instrument cluster and the speed icon on the HU comes from the nav map data

·
Registered
80 Posts
The camera is only used when SLW is selected, this then shows a speed icon on the instrument cluster, this is then also mirrored on the HU (if selected).

If SLW is not selected there is no speed icon on the instrument cluster and the speed icon on the HU comes from the nav map data
Depends on the Car, in the KIA EV6 the camera system for speed signs is active all the time and cant be disabled

·
Registered
452 Posts

I have the older ioniq 38.3 kwh but built in March 2022

I don't know if it is capable of reading speed limit signs

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's mentioned earlier in this thread but, in the UK at least, the speed limit data from the TT maps is missing for many (most?) Minor roads and estates.
Ok. I drive on Europe mainland and all data is present. The car has also traffic sign recognition which works superb in combination with map data. Perhaps/hopefully map november map update will fix it for you UK guys...

1061 - 1079 of 1079 Posts