Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1079 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
258 Posts
I wonder if spyware adware or even viruses on the machine you use to download these updates plays a part in some of the problems we are seeing here? The mission of all three of the above problems is to spread, multiply and in some cases cause as much software grief as possible. Maybe that might explain why some people have no issues with the updates when applied while others suffer all sorts of problems.

·
Registered
Kia XCeed MY20
25 Posts
I doubt that.

I don't know the exact details, but the software is at least obfuscated (if not encrypted) and validated at least by hash (if not digitally signed). So accidental modification/corruption is basically impossible, it's validated before installation.

It may be possible to intentionally alter it, but having a malware specifically designed to find and alter Hyundai/Kia firmware is very unlikely. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

·
Registered
MY20 e-Niro
5 Posts
I've given that a go (with the reset button on the front) but it made no difference. Or did you mean a full factory r4eset from the menu?

Cheers
Well, the bug to access the detailed energy usage screen is back. A reset of the infotainment system is not the solution.
I don't use that info screen very often, that's why I didn't notice it before.
Is really hit and miss, even during the same trip it sometimes works but most of the time it doesn't !
I think they are testing the wrong status indicator in the software or the status indicator is badly updated.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
10 Posts
Well, the bug to access the detailed energy usage screen is back. A reset of the infotainment system is not the solution.
I don't use that info screen very often, that's why I didn't notice it before.
Is really hit and miss, even during the same trip it sometimes works but most of the time it doesn't !
I think they are testing the wrong status indicator in the software or the status indicator is badly updated.
I've done some more testing too and for me it seems to be accessible for the first minute or so after powering on and then after that I get the message. Like you say, don't use it that often but its part of the original functionality so hope they fix it with a new release.

·
Registered
Ioniq Non-plugin hybrid
82 Posts
Rectangle Communication Device Font Screenshot Operating system

Does anyone know why the installer looks like it's missing lots of fonts?
I tried all the first pull down menu's options -- and for a brief second the Russian one appeared OK, unfortunately I don't speak it :) Then that became gibberish too.
This is in a virtualbox windows 10 -- I don't have "real" windows.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ (MY21 model)
48 Posts
Anybody else getting what appears to be a successful update, but then when subsequently starting the car getting a message saying update not complete, download the update again?

I can clear the message and it appears to work fine, but comes back again next time I start the car. Download file is just over 25gb, which is a bit smaller than previous updates.

Thanks
The Kia update for the 4+ variant is 27.6Gb
27.6 GB (29,658,425,139 bytes)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good Morning All, just to give you my 2 pennies worth, I updated to the 13 July downloaded over the weekend and all looked good the start with. Most times I have updated the speed and distance would go to KMH, but not this time, that's good. I still had to re-pair my phone, but that's not an issue. It's what happened next that confused me, first as said before I lost access to the EV screens, as already said intermittently. I did 3 trips on Sunday, car worked just fine as always, but on the second trip the entertainment display did not come on at all, blank, nothing displayed. I pulled over and used a head reset, still nothing. when I got to where I was going I could not play so when it was done, got back into the car and everything just worked. I am not sure it's fixed itself, but this mornings commute was fine. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
80 Posts
To Any EV6 Drivers.

You can select the Niro EV 22MY and download that for the EV6 seems to have resolved the cabin preheating bug and the so far the forgetting of scheduled charging, although that is very intermitent so could just be hiding for now

The Build Date for the Niro EV MY 22 Release version is 13th July 2022

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
136 Posts
Good Morning All, just to give you my 2 pennies worth, I updated to the 13 July downloaded over the weekend and all looked good the start with. Most times I have updated the speed and distance would go to KMH, but not this time, that's good. I still had to re-pair my phone, but that's not an issue. It's what happened next that confused me, first as said before I lost access to the EV screens, as already said intermittently. I did 3 trips on Sunday, car worked just fine as always, but on the second trip the entertainment display did not come on at all, blank, nothing displayed. I pulled over and used a head reset, still nothing. when I got to where I was going I could not play so when it was done, got back into the car and everything just worked. I am not sure it's fixed itself, but this mornings commute was fine. Only time will tell.
Mine's done this a couple of times on older updates. Nothing I did (resetting the head unit, restarting the car, etc.) made any difference. On both occasions, the head unit came back to life after the car had been left parked for several hours.

The infotainment system does seem quite unstable but none of the issues I've had over the 18 months I've had the car has happened often enough to be anything other than mildly irritating.

·
Registered
Kia Xceed 1.5 4 DCT MY20
30 Posts
The 220623 Kia update seems to have lost lots of speed limits in housing estates and minor roads, with SLW on this is seen as '---' about 500m after turning into a side road but with SLW switched off the speed icon on the nav screen is lost as soon as the turn is made.

Is anyone seeing anything similar here?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ (MY21 model)
48 Posts
The 220623 Kia update seems to have lost lots of speed limits in housing estates and minor roads, with SLW on this is seen as '---' about 500m after turning into a side road but with SLW switched off the speed icon on the nav screen is lost as soon as the turn is made.

Is anyone seeing anything similar here?
No, it is all working fine for me on all the roads that I drive on, including going from a 30mph zone into a 20mph zone.
EDIT:
Have you tried resetting your head unit by pushing an unbent paper clip into the small hole adjacent to the volume knob?

1041 - 1060 of 1079 Posts