Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
541 - 560 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi #Sonicspinner
Thanks for the link to the updater... All working well with the bug fixed new version on my 2017 phev.

I used the upgrade with the early version but didn't upgrade the car. When the latest version of the uploaded appeared thus week I completed the upgrade of the car.

Many thanks for you efforts.
Nev

Reactions: SonicSpinner

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed the 17th Nov firmware on my 21 Ioniq EV.

I previously had the August one from here installed.

I notice that the battery status in bluelink is now working (some had reported that not working)

Music fades nicely when you turn off.

Voice control looks better but in reality is still poor. Google assistant works much better still.

Reverse camera seems fine.

So only real big issue for me is the kph . Has anyone found a solution that doesn't involve taking the negative terminal off? I've tried leaving it overnight, I've tried pressing the reset button on the infotainment unit. Still no options to change it.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
4 Posts
I installed the update today on my 38kWh Ioniq. I was on the original factory software so quite a change for me. Update went smoothly but I too had the kph issue. Left it for a while but in the end had to pull the negative off as I needed to use the car.

@lincsat I was hoping that would have been fixed as I’ve had it happen to me a few times, a real pain the next morning!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The off-peak charging schedule bug is NOT fixed, just had it appear again Today.
What is the bug with it? I don't use it myself as I have use a smart socket to turn the charger on and off. But the only reason that I use the smart socket was because the schedule never worked on the original software that came with my car 😂

It would all day it was set then sometimes would charge during the night and sometimes wouldn't. It was so unreliable that I just disabled the schedule and got a smart socket that was rated for 13A continuous use.

I only use the granny charger - a few times per week is enough for my mileage.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
84 Posts
So only real big issue for me is the kph . Has anyone found a solution that doesn't involve taking the negative terminal off? I've tried leaving it overnight, I've tried pressing the reset button on the infotainment unit. Still no options to change it.
I also left the car overnight a good 18 hours then searched everywhere going through every sub menu pressing every button, spent around 30 minutes looking then gave up and removed the battery terminal.

Next power on the speedometer selection was there, someone else suggested just removing the terminal for a second also works, I usually leave it off for a few minutes.

Maybe the next update it will be fixed?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Niro HEV 4
12 Posts
Regarding the KPH issue, does anyone know what you can do in the case of a 2021 Kia Niro HEV MY20 where the 12V battery is part of the traction battery and you don't have access to it ?

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
509 Posts
Mentally multiply on-screen value by 0.62 to convert to mph? 50 kph = 30 mph near enough, 80->50, 120->70 shouldn't get nicked by the radar gun hopefully! :(

Reactions: Johnny008

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
84 Posts
Regarding the KPH issue, does anyone know what you can do in the case of a 2021 Kia Niro HEV MY20 where the 12V battery is part of the traction battery and you don't have access to it ?
A few Hyundai HEV owners have taken their cars to the dealer for a resolution to this issue, maybe the next firmware update may fix it?

·
Registered
2017 Premium SE Hybrid
48 Posts
Just updated the car this morning and it went without a hitch.

All in, took no more than 20 minutes and didn`t have the MPH/KPH issues that some have had.

I did the update while driving. Whether that helped or not, who know?

Thanks again to @SonicSpinner for all his help in the pervious months/years before Hyundai got with the programme.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4 (MY20)
18 Posts
What is the bug with it? I don't use it myself as I have use a smart socket to turn the charger on and off. But the only reason that I use the smart socket was because the schedule never worked on the original software that came with my car 😂

It would all day it was set then sometimes would charge during the night and sometimes wouldn't. It was so unreliable that I just disabled the schedule and got a smart socket that was rated for 13A continuous use.

I only use the granny charger - a few times per week is enough for my mileage.
You have the option to set a charging schedule in the car so it charges using off-peak electricity I use 22:30 to 02:30 with an Octopus Go Faster tariff). The bug is the setting keeps getting deleted/reset and the car starts charging immediately it's plugged in.

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
A few Hyundai HEV owners have taken there cars to the dealer for a resolution to this issue, maybe the next firmware update may fix it?
Maybe not a resolution ,but I got around it by updating when car is off . Woke up to a flat battery but got my miles back . Is this update only meant for Mainland Europe ? I'll ask the question support when they're open

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
Woo hoo (y) best solution I've heard :cool:
Words of warning . The 12 Volt battery on my hybrid was flat the next morning ( equivalent of disconnecting 12 Volt battery ) and the update resumes when the car is started and takes about 3 times as long ( about 90 minutes in my case ) Here's my description Firmware update 12/11/2021

·
Registered
509 Posts
Any chance that needing to Disconnect the 12V battery to return to MPH instead of KPH, might be resolved by pulling the fuse for the ACC (or Was it AMP) fuse box under steering wheel in the same way it cleared a "no sounds, music, sat Nav voice, etc from the Speakers" issue on earlier models? It seemed to force the Audio Visual unit/Amplifier to reset and restart fully.

Perhaps a HEV driver with unwanted kph could try that instead of flattening the 12V Li ion battery?

Reactions: Leafocaster

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
Any chance that needing to Disconnect the 12V battery to return to MPH instead of KPH, might be resolved by pulling the fuse for the ACC (or Was it AMP) fuse box under steering wheel in the same way it cleared a "no sounds, music, sat Nav voice, etc from the Speakers" issue on earlier models? It seemed to force the Audio Visual unit/Amplifier to reset and restart fully.

Perhaps a HEV driver with unwanted kph could try that instead of flattening the 12V Li ion battery?
I did think of doing that but wasn't to bothered about the 12V battery going flat as it probably achieves the same result . Getting in the car is a bit fiddly but not an insurmountable problem :)

541 - 560 of 628 Posts