Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
521 - 540 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update installed on my Kona Hybrid facelift.

Benefits i noticed:

Everything works, including gasprices and traffic sign recognition.

Much improved map graphics, nice more 3d profiles of buildings also in villages and height of terrain, improved spoken navigation instructions, clearer voice.

Experienced no bugs so good work.

A option to enable that sports mode in the car or in the bluelink app i haven't found yet.

·
Registered
KIA e-Niro 2021
5 Posts
just love doing this workaround daily when putting the car in reverse........NOT!

please download and share with hyundai/kia support :)

as we all know this is just a temp fix. turn off the car and wait 30-60min and it will be back again. worked great up to the march update. then they messed something up.
dont know if this is a qlitch. but put the car i reverse today and , low and behold...everything worked. what i noticed beforehand: i did have fullscreen on, and no splitscreen (toggle screen on the side). maybe the bug only accure when the splitscreen is active? will check again tomorrow....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had two failures whilst updating my UK MY20 Ioniq Electric Premium SE (details below) using the new Navigation Updater.

I have the original factory installed software in the car and I wonder if you need to update to an intermediate version before applying this latest update. There is a reason for asking because when I got to the part in the Navigation Update software which asks you which vehicle/version you want to download you are presented with two options. One is to just pick the model description and the other allows you to enter the reference no of the software that you have in the car now. To be extra safe I decided to enter this and when I did so the Updater said it was unrecognised. I know my version is not an obscure one as I have watched a youtube video about updating (pre the updater) and the guy who made it had the exact same version as me. The fact that the new updater did not recognise it made me think it had not been designed for my version.

Can anyone comment please ?

Update details: Brand new Sandisk 64gig USB stick.
Update 1: Got through the software checking phase and started the installation but somewhere just over 90% it failed with an Update Failed message.
Update 2: I downloaded the software again. In the car it also got through the initial check and went all the way to 100% but the screen showed the original software ref and still had the Update Software option active, so I pressed it. It said that it needed a short update of somewhere around 10 minutes. This seemed to install OK and the system went off and rebooted but just after the splash screen an Update Failed message appeared again :(.

Here is what is in the car now and I should have also mentioned that I downloaded the 'Standard-class Gen5W' navigation software

Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Electronic device

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·
I have had two failures whilst updating my UK MY20 Ioniq Electric Premium SE (details below) using the new Navigation Updater.

I have the original factory installed software in the car and I wonder if you need to update to an intermediate version before applying this latest update. There is a reason for asking because when I got to the part in the Navigation Update software which asks you which vehicle/version you want to download you are presented with two options. One is to just pick the model description and the other allows you to enter the reference no of the software that you have in the car now. To be extra safe I decided to enter this and when I did so the Updater said it was unrecognised. I know my version is not an obscure one as I have watched a youtube video about updating (pre the updater) and the guy who made it had the exact same version as me. The fact that the new updater did not recognise it made me think it had not been designed for my version.

Can anyone comment please ?

Update details: Brand new Sandisk 64gig USB stick.
Update 1: Got through the software checking phase and started the installation but somewhere just over 90% it failed with an Update Failed message.
Update 2: I downloaded the software again. In the car it also got through the initial check and went all the way to 100% but the screen showed the original software ref and still had the Update Software option active, so I pressed it. It said that it needed a short update of somewhere around 10 minutes. This seemed to install OK and the system went off and rebooted but just after the splash screen an Update Failed message appeared again :(.

Here is what is in the car now and I should have also mentioned that I downloaded the 'Standard-class Gen5W' navigation software

View attachment 36866
Definetly try another USB key

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
84 Posts

I have the original factory installed software in the car and I wonder if you need to update to an intermediate version before applying this latest update.
I have the same model and year Ioniq, also with the original factory installed software, plus I used a brand new 32gb Sandisk USB memory stick. I had no problem updating last week and with the new update released earlier this week. I chose the quick option both times, it took around 40 minutes and I never needed to input anything after choosing quick, there were two updates installed each time I assume the firmware and the maps, I used the same USB btw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dont know if this is a qlitch. but put the car i reverse today and , low and behold...everything worked.
I never had the bug to the extent others had, sometimes, the camera‘s video overlay took a fraction of a second and the sensors showed up after another fraction, maybe two, three seconds at worst…
I believe the Reverse Cam is actually a fullscreen app, or a composite of different widgets (it’s an android device after all), it manages to draw the video feed, but has a hiccup drawing the sensor graphics, which is why you manage to click though it and scroll the third right pane…
In my case, when that happened, I usually saw a chopped off piece of my CarPlay feed, often Spotify or Waze, next to/under the reverse camera.
But yeah, since the last update, it’s snap instantaneous, even over CarPlay fullscreen (which is my usual setup)… (and the music fades out when i stop the car now, I like that :) )

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 EV
84 Posts

View attachment 36866
I just checked a picture I took before the first software upgrade, I had exactly the same version software as you.

Re-format the USB stick and check it for errors, download the update again and start afresh. I powered on the car and left it on while it was updating. Could be a faulty USB as SonicSpinner suggests?

Apart from the mph defaulting to km I've had no other problems with either update.

One thing I did after both updates I pressed the tiny reset button on the lower left of the screen with a ball point pen just to reset the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which options did you select in the downloader? The model years it offers for my Kona don't quite seem to match the UK's model years so for Kona 2019-2020 in the downloader is the UK MY20 and 2020 in the downloader is the UK MY21.

But most likely it is the USB stick. Try a different one.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
RUS got a new update today, and they finally got ioniq 5 too.
update is the same as euro, sw is ths same, but map is a little bit newer version tham euro

euro 14.47.48.631
rus: 14.47.48.632

i have eurofyied it and uploading it. will post link if anyone interested to update their gen5wide and see if there anythign else new hidden beisdes map.

·
Registered
31 Posts
update is the same as euro, sw is ths same, but map is a little bit newer version tham euro

euro 14.47.48.631

i have eurofyied it and uploading it. will post link if anyone interested to update their gen5wide and see if there anythign else new hidden beisdes map.
Oh yes will have a go at that.

Our Kona got bought back by Hyundai this week so thought that was the end of our updates adventure, but picked up a new Kia EV6 yesterday so we are still in the update game ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts

euro 14.47.48.631

Hi,

do you have a link please? 😁

thank you!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #536 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts

euro 14.47.48.631

Hi SonicSpinner, many thanks for your efforts in uploading this version with later map updates. Will this upload also work on a Kia Soul 2020 First Edition?

521 - 540 of 628 Posts