Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the day has finally arrived guys! (well almost ) .
The site for europe has just opened, the software is not been released yet, but im guessing its right around the corner.
We can now finally and officially do Self update the infotainment at our own comfort.

Im happy that Hyundai finally moved into the 21st century, LOL
im happy that we as a community pushed them so they opened up for Europe.
im happy for all UK and other EU Hyundai drivers, who can give their dealers the middle finger, coz their dealer either dont have time for update, or they want to take money for update,

im SAD, that now my work here is done :D . it has been a pleasure serving the updates for you guys and other communities.
Lets all enjoy this together, and pop up a champagne when they rls the software too,.

Cheers guys!

Font Screenshot Multimedia Technology Gadget

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good news indeed!

Curious they launched it without any content. As you say, hope the updates are loaded soon. Curious also that it is described as being for map and software updates but the emphasis is on navigation updates. Do you expect it will also include other head unit software updates?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news indeed!

Curious they launched it without any content. As you say, hope the updates are loaded soon. Curious also that it is described as being for map and software updates but the emphasis is on navigation updates. Do you expect it will also include other head unit software updates?
they are probably preparing it for the launch maybe beginning november?
well the tool to download the map and software is called " navigation updater tool " and this is the same update which the dealers also use 1-2 times a year.
mainly its for the infotainement, so this mean, update for the navigation and headunit software. like userinterface, bug fixes etc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great news, and thanks for updating us! Of course, Hyundai hasn't really communicated this out.

On the side of your efforts, it's been greatly appreciated, and Thank You very much for what you've done over the period to allow us to access the software. I'm sure you have other challenges lined up that you will hopefully now have time to work on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great news. Didn't Hyundai itself confirm that only OTA updates were planned and not self update? Guess this wasn’t the case after all.
Will you still be on this forum SonicSpinner? I still have plans on the technical documentation

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great news. Didn't Hyundai itself confirm that only OTA updates were planned and not self update? Guess this wasn’t the case after all.
Will you still be on this forum SonicSpinner? I still have plans on the technical documentation
OTA is coming for cars with bluelink. self update portal is needed for cars without bluelink.
yea ofcourse im around and sniffing :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
On MNSoft sites we can read "New Map & Software Update v15.5 on Nov 8, 2021" for Gen3 and newer units (lists plenty of targeted vehicules, including Ioniq5/EV6) So let's hope for an early november ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting that in the UK, if I browse to just
Code:
https://update.hyundai.com/
, it redirects me to 'https://update.hyundai.com/GB/EN/Main' (rather than the '/EU/E1/Main' sub directory in the original link sonic posted), but it throws this error.

Wonder if they have plans for a separate UK/GB based portal that they haven't finished yet..?

Don't worry I suppose, it's their redirection script that's a bit screwed up, they'll probably fix the links in time

1 - 20 of 628 Posts