Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no audio from the sat nav when following a route. It is not muted on the map settings and the volume is set at 15. All othe audio feeds work. Any ideas

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Have you tried a reset ? Normally clears glitches in other equipment I've had

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
You can also reset in system settings revert to default

·
Registered
776 Posts
Did a reset fix the problem Grahar?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm afraid not. I have tried everything and had the dealer look at it today. They can't work it out either and have asked Hyundai for their opinion. I'll report back when I get a remedy but I think it may be a new media unit is needed....

·
Registered
776 Posts
****! How can this happen?. Dont know LG satnavs in tech detail. It could be a loose audio connection to the main amplifier. What wonders me the most is that your dealer has no knowledge of this instrument. We all should be anxious to know that this may happen to all of us. Fingers crossed and please inform us what the exact root cause was. Goodluck!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ok bluecar1, we're all curious for photo' s showing how to do it. Several times i repaired my Honda's myself following Youtube when the garage did not have a clue on what was going on. Anyone an Idea where to find Ioniqs tech service manuals?

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Just registered for a Paypal account. Take care of it myself. Note : I will not jeapordize my guarantee. Only check how to safely remove and mount interior without wrecking the entire car.;-)

If it works dont fix it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just registered for a Paypal account. Take care of it myself. Note : I will not jeapordize my guarantee. Only check how to safely remove and mount interior without wrecking the entire car.;-)

If it works dont fix it.
Ive just taken a punt on the manual. Worth a shot for $10.

Not that I need to worry about anything in terms of mechanical maintenance, but like you, I want to know best way to remove some trim for installing the rear camera for my dashcam. I want to try and route the cable through the wiring harness in the tailgate and then inside the tailgate to the lower section of glass.

Also be handy for wiring diagrams to pick up permanent live, switched live wires etc.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got the documentation. Very good value.

It looks as though you prise the coloured trim off from around the media unit and air vents, then have access that way to bit. It doesnt actually show the removal of the unit on the interior/exterior pdf, but if like my golf, you prise the trim off, then you are presented with some screws to undo.

If you plan to do anything regarding removing trim, it seems fairly comprehensive.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Got mine tech repair manual too by download today. Impressive doc consisting of 18 chapters. Have not read it yet in detail. For the enthusiastic engineers among us I would like to STRESS everyone to the strict caution measures you have to undertake before dismantling electronic engine or other parts of the car. Some people have already electrocuted themselves working on Honda and Toyota Hybrids. Moreover, you will certainly blow your factory and dealer guarantee. In the Netherlands it took the fireguard several hours to safely recover a crashed Tesla before they were able to help the victim. You should be warned!

·
Registered
260 Posts
much in the way of wiring diagrams etc or is it all just trim and tear down procedures?

any info on setup procedures for any of the tech?
Havent looked that far yet in detail, its all broken down in to sections, like the haynes manuals if you are familiar with them.

Doesnt appear to be any real pages with full on wiring diargams, only what wire should go where on connectors etc.

Its just useful having such information. In a pinch, it may be whats needed to get one moving again if broken down or some kind of issue at the roadside.

·
Registered
260 Posts
For the enthusiastic engineers among us I would like to STRESS everyone to the strict caution measures you have to undertake before dismantling electronic engine or other parts of the car.
I like in each section there is a bit saying you should put a sign on the car.

I find it quite funny how far McLaren go when doing work on their live energy recovery systems on their F1 car with loads of warning lights, barriers etc. (I do understand why, but they do go well over the top compared to others)

All I am really interested in is the interior manual showing the right way to remove some trim parts so I can route some cables properly, rather than just trying to jam them in a panel gap etc.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts