Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body here been able to switch the trip computer and the hybrid display from mpg to km/l?

The manual says its possible but the option only says UK or US. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

:eek:

:crying:

Simon

·
Registered
776 Posts
In my hybrid premium SE I can switch between liters/ 100km or km/l. Mpg is not a standard fuel consumption figure in Holland. UK and US models use Mpg but gallons and miles are different. Will the true fuel saver step forward?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Only the navigation can be switched between Kilometers or Miles.
You can switch language for the complete system, but the measurements are a fixed set for country.
Maybe your dealer can do something for you with country settings. Maybe in Canada it is possible to choose between miles or km?

·
Registered
21 Posts
As an aside to this, my display shows KMH while in eco towards the bottom of the center bezel, even though the outer dial is in MPH.
Does this happen for anyone else? I can't find anywhere to change this.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
As an aside to this, my display shows KMH while in eco towards the bottom of the center bezel, even though the outer dial is in MPH.
Does this happen for anyone else? I can't find anywhere to change this.
Same on mine ...a bit weird but doesn't really bother me as long as the analogue display is there

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cars in Canada standard measure for fuel consumption is l/100km. Some mfg's enable unit switching (ie odometer km to miles) that drags the consumption calc along with it l/100km to US mpg), but not for very many models. Ioniq models not yet in Canadian showrooms, so we can't answer directly for a few more days/weeks?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. My speedometer dial is in MPH, but my digital readout is in KPH, and while I wish the US would switch to metric, we haven't. I'd like both readouts to be in the same units, but I can't figure out how to do it. Anyone?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes. My speedometer dial is in MPH, but my digital readout is in KPH, and while I wish the US would switch to metric, we haven't. I'd like both readouts to be in the same units, but I can't figure out how to do it. Anyone?
We did switch to metric, it just didn't work. People just started driving 100 mph :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think the digital read out in km/h is because most modern speedo's have done away with the dual figures around the dial, now its just mph, much easier to read, its probably an EU directive that both units have to be displayed,

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,865 Posts
Canadian Ioniq options are only for L/100 km or km/L.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did Anyone of you Figure our how to switch from MPG to 100/L ?????

There should be a way to change it through dealer or somehow.

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,865 Posts
Did Anyone of you Figure our how to switch from MPG to 100/L ?????

There should be a way to change it through dealer or somehow.
My guess, is it would require a firmware update for a target country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My guess, is it would require a firmware update for a target country.
That's what i think, i need a firmware which can be changed from US to EU version.

Previously i used to own BMW's and there it was possible to change firmwares. i do not know about Hyundai though:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts