Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm from Street in Somerset, United Kingdom ( 2 miles from Glastonbury - where I grew up- and everyone knows where that is!!). I am taking delivery of my Ioniq Premium on Wednesday. My current car is the i30 which is just coming to the end of its 5 year warranty so I thought it was time for a change. I've watched dozens of YouTube vids about the car and have even dowloaded the manual so that I can hit the ground running. How nerdy is that!! I am an ex Royal Navy Photographer (I got £3000 off the car because I am an ex serviceman!) and have been running my own photographic studio since 1985. Married with 5 kids, 2 grandchildren and two Golden Retrievers.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
welcome Titch

I went from a i20 to the Ioniq, what a difference. I can see the Ioniq cutting into i30 and i40 sales due to kit and price

if we get a meet sorted later in the year we will have to get you there to take the photo's :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Titch - Welcome!

As you are fairly close to me (Bridgwater), are you getting your Ioniq from Stacey's Motors in Bridgwater? If so, then you should have got a great experience from them...

Did you think about getting the New Generation i30?

Anyway, hope to see you around! I am hopeful to get my Ioniq out of repair in the next week or two (currently lying in many pieces at Stacey's Motors...).

Paul

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I must admit, I had a look at the new i30 while waiting for mine to be services and not overly impressed

I thought the rear reminded me of a bit of Armco, the way there is a bulbous bit below the rear screen and then the bumper

front is not to different to the Ioniq but jury was out on the dash / interior

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome titch. It would almost be rude not to get an ioniq with the prices we get on affinity. I'm sure we all hope you enjoy your new car as much as we all are.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asfafa, yes I did get my i30 from Staceys. Really enjoyed the car. Didn't look at the new generation i30 because before I realised there was one I had already looked at the Ioniq and set my heart on that one. Just had the phone call from James Stacey to say that I can pick my Ioniq up on Wednesday at 4:00. I'm as excited as a kid at Xmas!! Bluecar1 .......not a problem to take any photos!! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome :)

I can't wait to see some of these photos when you get it! Also would like to hear your impressions on it too and thank you for your services :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanted the Blue or the white.....but they only had silver. To honest it was my wife that wanted those colours. My view is that whilst I am inside driving I can't see what colour it is anyway so it doesn't really matter. My i30 is silver and I was happy with that. If I had waited for a blue there are any available until at least June. My was registered on the 31st March so I have avoided the car tax charges - which more than compensates for it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts