Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just received my car this week, an Ioniq hybrid, here in Norway.
It was ordered without me having seen it in real life. Coming from a 2012 Audi A4, I have to say I am surprised at how nice the Ioniq is! All the electronic systems (like the touch screen, lane assist, active cruise control and Apple Carplay) definitely make the car feel more up to date.
The car also rides nicely, is very quiet, quite responsive around town, and feels nice. Not quite the same luxurious feel as some of the European makers, but surprisingly nice nevertheless.
The available options list is short; metallic paint, tech package, sunroof and leather seats.
I've just been told that fitted rubber floor mats and trunk mat are now available. A roof rack is not and will have to be third party (Thule, etc).
What I really miss are fitted mudflaps all around. With the way the metal is exposed inside the wheel-well, it seems very exposed to rocks and gravel, ultimately causing corrosion. Please shout out, anyone, if you see a third-party set of fitted mudflaps available online.
So, all in all, I am pleased with my new car and hope it will serve us well for a few years.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Hi Norwgian

Welcome to the forum

thanks for the update you are only the 2nd member to actually take delivery of an Ioniq (both have been hybrids)

good to see you find the interior, ride and equipment good compared to your Audi that it replaced

please keep us updated with the good and bad points of the car, also what l/100km you are getting compared to your old car, we are keen to hear from people like yourself and how the Ioniq deals with day to day life

the Ioniq is released here in the UK next Thursday and my dealer says they will have a demonstrator on Friday

you say you ordered it without actually seeing it? did you consider any other cars like the prius? and what made you changes from what many consider a "premium" brand like Audi to the Ioniq

I moved from a Skoda Fabia to a Hyundai i20 as I felt their new Fabia I had to add so many options it was no longer value for money, the i20 was a well spec'ed needed nothing adding and was cheaper

I am looking at the Ioniq Hybrid for a low emission car which is eco friendly and well spec'ed that can cope with mixed driving but be comfortable on long runs

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you.

Yes, it was bought based on the photos and the published spec's, after having considered both the Audi A3 e-tron and the VW Golf hybrid. Seemed to be better value for money.

I sold the Audi since it had a diesel engine that is becoming harder by the day to sell over here. The solid trend towards hybrids and EVs is driven by tax breaks on both purhase and usage.

I am in line for a Tesla model 3, which will probably arrive in 2017/2018 sometime. Depending on the final spec's and pricing, I'll either go for the Tesla or hang on to the Ioniq for a few more years.

Mileage: 0,6 L/10 km on start-up with the engine cold, which drops to about 0,3 L/10 km on the highway with the engine warm, cruising at an even 100 km/h.

The switching between drawing on & charging the battery is seamless, but hard to figure out exactly how works. Even at 100 km/h, there were long stretches of pure electric drive before the engine kicked in.

Having had the Ioniq for just a few days, I am still learning how it works, but so far so good.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey ! Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Great to see a member take ownership so we have first hand, real world information on it and greatly appreciated that you're sharing all of this with us.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for direct-fit vehicle mud flaps for you and let you know if I come up with anything.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you.

For now, I had the dealer put some transparent foil on the metal at the bottom of the front wheel well and extending it slightly on the side of the car. Also did the same inside the door handle wells. Barely visible.

I would have posted pictures to show this, but the forum says: "The following errors occurred with your submission: To be able to post links or images your post count must be greater. You currently have 3 posts. Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post."

Edit: have tried to upload pictures instead, but for some reason they are shown sideways on this forum.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I have not been able to find an accessory list for the Ioniq yet in any country, I assume once once is available then you may find thing like mud flaps, but I suspect they would disrupt the carefully maaged air flow round the car and wreck the sleek 0.24cd drag figure

that transparent foil is a good compromise, and not visible unless you are looking for it, time will tell if it does the job of protecting the paintwork, keep us informed on it

thanks

BC1

·
Registered
344 Posts
In those photos you really can't see it. But it's definitely a good option, even temporarily. Always a fan of full wraps but this will suffice until you get the flaps and what not !

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I once noticed that the side mirrors dipped when I backed up, and then the next times they suddenly wouldn't do it.

There is absolutely no mention of this in the user manual, but a bit of googling revealed the following:

"If you want the side mirrors to tilt when you engage reverse, you need to move the mirror adjustment selector to the Left or the Right, if you leave it in the middle, the mirrors won't tilt."

(source: Power mirrors adjust down when in reverse??? - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts