Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks like a good place to say hello!

Around mid May I’ll switch to the Ioniq Hybrid from a fully electric Renault Fluence ZE which I’ve driven for 5 years and nearly 60,000 km. I bought it from Better Place in Israel and for two years we could switch batteries and drive pretty much anywhere in the country despite having only 140km of real range.

Five years on the battery switch stations stopped operating 3 years ago, the battery in my car now gets me 80 to 100km and after suing the Renault importer they’ll buy back my car at a fair price.

Hyundai are not bringing an electric or plug in version of the Ioniq in the foreseeable future so the hybrid is the best I can do to keep my plan of personally using as little crude oil as possible (mostly for geopolitical and local pollution reasons than any strong belief in CO₂ being an issue).

Brian

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Brian.

Interesting username, are you an ex-pat?
Yes, I moved to Israel 8 years ago from the UK. I grew up in west London. Way back before I moved to Israel my internet name was Brian of London. As I say now, I’m of London, not IN London.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome Brian!

Were there any other hybrids that you considered? Did you look at a Prius or Auris Hybrid?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts