Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I traded in my 2008 Toyota Corolla. I put 161k miles on my Corolla and it still drove like a champ. Although It's a sad day in one aspect, the Hyundai Ioniq makes up for every bit of it!

I'm Benny and I live in Houston TX. It's so much fun to drive and am amazed by the MPG.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today I traded in my 2008 Toyota Corolla. I put 161k miles on my Corolla and it still drove like a champ. Although It's a sad day in one aspect, the Hyundai Ioniq makes up for every bit of it!

I'm Benny and I live in Houston TX. It's so much fun to drive and am amazed by the MPG.
Photos below

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Iron gray, same colour I am getting. That Corolla looks in great condition for a 9-year-old car!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iron gray, same colour I am getting. That Corolla looks in great condition for a 9-year-old car!!
They call it Summit Gray here in the US. Thanks, I took very good care of it and had the Corolla since college. I could have probley gotten another 2 years out of it, but decided it was time to jump on the Hyundai Ioniq. Got an amazing deal i couldn't pass up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one thing I notice is a our US members seem to keep their cars longer than us member in the UK / EU, so they are taking the longer view on reliability, long term costs, battery life etc
Not sure of the Hyundai warranties outside of the US, but I hope to get at least 8 years+ out of the Ioniq. It's my first Hybrid, so only time will tell if it holds up, but I felt Hyundai has done a very good Job pushing the Hybrid technology further than any other manufacture.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I count 5 U.S. owners on Fuelly. You can look at their specific reports, but they all fall within the middle of the bell curve of all Ioniqs. I'm curious why you might think our freeways garner different mileage than your motorways? Americans do more long distance driving than most countries, so that will impact total mpg. Possibly for the worse as hybrids excel locally. Most of my driving is long distance and I find I can beat the EPA estimates in every car I've owned (without hypermilng).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If im being very conservative with my driving and am getting 58.2 mpg, but that's staying at exactly the speed limit or just below while on the highway.

I'll take a photo the next time I'm in the car.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
If im being very conservative with my driving and am getting 58.2 mpg, but that's staying at exactly the speed limit or just below while on the highway.

that's pretty much bang on the EPA mpg which is great for a car with so few miles on it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

that's pretty much bang on the EPA mpg which is great for a car with so few miles on it
It went down a little bit today but still on par with the SEL trim posted MPG.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts