Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got mine delivered today, to the garage.
In Ireland it is called Executive Plus 58KW - in Galactic Grey. (not sure why every country has similar trim levels, but different names).

Like some UK reviewer I had almost exactly 3 months between the deposit in mid August to delivery 25th Nov, even though I was promised delivery date as end of January, so well done here Hyundai.

Here we have: Executive; Executive Plus; Premium; and Premium Plus. and combinations of RWD and AWD, with 58kw and 72kw battery sizes.

It was more of a kinder surprise moment, as Hyundai Ireland cannot confirm the exact specifications, or even a picture of the car, before it arrived today.

As seen on German web reviews, the entry level trim it is quite different from the top spec.
The main difference is the Side body moulding, it is in black and not chrome, and the interior - two tone - it is light but not white like in a Premium models. See images bellow.
As design language the ceiling of the car and doors are light grey almost white, and seats are grey (combination of Eco Leather and Wool mixed with recycled plastic bottles - that a combination that I have never heard of, but it looks and feel even better then Premium Model seats). I have reservations on the position of the indicators front and back, away from the pixel parametric light bar, at a lower level. I see this as a departure from the Project 45 Concept, clean lines, plus it is a cost of adding extra lights to a car that cost less (this logic is beyond my understanding).

I have to admit that I have seen every review for Ioniq 5 posted in the last 6 months and not only in English, in all languages, including Korean, but have not seen this combination of trim and colours yet. I was a bit shocked in the beginning, but it starts to grow on me. Let me know what you think, and if you seen this combination before.

Caveat: It was delivered today, and went for a test drive, but will see the car only in January :(, registration, grants approval etc. If you are familiar with Irish car Reg system, you know why. The year it is on the plate, so for resell value, I will lose one full year, if I register the car in Dec 21, compared to Jan 22. I know that countries like Germany have most of the cars registered in Nov, Dec., In Ireland most of the cars are registered in Jan, or June, but that's a different topic.

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Grille

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine at the weekend UK Ultimate RWD + Tech/Eco packs spec also in galactic grey. I really wanted the Matte Shooting Star grey which looks unreal when you see it in real life, however the maintenance hassle was too much for me, I wanted a darker grey and they suggested GG which I saw on a Kona but was a little unsure as some colours dont always translate to other cars as you expect.

I am pleased to say I like what I see from yours, it looks nice, however I am also expecting the silver trim not black, although I still think it looks good on this colour. My interior should also be black but it does seem there is some variance on these cars and the dealers dont seem that convincing when you speaking to them so I guess I will see when in the new year :).

The two tone interior looks good as well, for me personal the slight annoyance is the console being white in a black interior, would have prefered they offered that in black as it sets off my OCD a bit, it goes well in this scheme.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats! I kinda like the dimpled effect on those seats. If you're not taking possession of the car now, I'd record the milage to ensure the dealership doesn't allow any "under the table" test drives in the meantime.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 in digital teal green
47 Posts
cpO I like the look. I prefer the lighter interior, compared to all dark (choice is good), so your mix excellent. Agreed not see black wheel arches, etc before (except someone who said it was a wrap).
Welcome to Ioniq 5 ownership. It’s an excellent vehicle

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered mine at the weekend UK Ultimate RWD + Tech/Eco packs spec also in galactic grey. I really wanted the Matte Shooting Star grey which looks unreal when you see it in real life, however the maintenance hassle was too much for me, I wanted a darker grey and they suggested GG which I saw on a Kona but was a little unsure as some colours dont always translate to other cars as you expect.

I am pleased to say I like what I see from yours, it looks nice, however I am also expecting the silver trim not black, although I still think it looks good on this colour. My interior should also be black but it does seem there is some variance on these cars and the dealers dont seem that convincing when you speaking to them so I guess I will see when in the new year :).

The two tone interior looks good as well, for me personal the slight annoyance is the console being white in a black interior, would have prefered they offered that in black as it sets off my OCD a bit, it goes well in this scheme.
Yes I agree with you here, the console should be in same colours as the seats.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Exterior is somber or subdued in those colors. Not bad but the wheel chrome clashes with that overall look. At least in the photos. Real life can be very different from photos for a lot of cars. Interior looks fantastic!

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats! I kinda like the dimpled effect on those seats. If you're not taking possession of the car now, I'd record the milage to ensure the dealership doesn't allow any "under the table" test drives in the meantime.
There were only 16km on the clock, and I did most of it today :)

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exterior is somber or subdued in those colors. Not bad but the wheel chrome clashes with that overall look. At least in the photos. Real life can be very different from photos for a lot of cars. Interior looks fantastic!
Well the options on Ioniq 5 are 9 colours, from which 6 are grey .... :)

·
Registered
I5 AWD Eco + Tech Lucid Blue (on order)
35 Posts
Looks great. Enjoy and keep us posted when you get behind the wheel again!!

Just got mine delivered today, to the garage.
In Ireland it is called Executive Plus 58KW - in Galactic Grey. (not sure why every country has similar trim levels, but different names).

Like some UK reviewer I had almost exactly 3 months between the deposit in mid August to delivery 25th Nov, even though I was promised delivery date as end of January, so well done here Hyundai.

Here we have: Executive; Executive Plus; Premium; and Premium Plus. and combinations of RWD and AWD, with 58kw and 72kw battery sizes.

It was more of a kinder surprise moment, as Hyundai Ireland cannot confirm the exact specifications, or even a picture of the car, before it arrived today.

As seen on German web reviews, the entry level trim it is quite different from the top spec.
The main difference is the Side body moulding, it is in black and not chrome, and the interior - two tone - it is light but not white like in a Premium models. See images bellow.
As design language the ceiling of the car and doors are light grey almost white, and seats are grey (combination of Eco Leather and Wool mixed with recycled plastic bottles - that a combination that I have never heard of, but it looks and feel even better then Premium Model seats). I have reservations on the position of the indicators front and back, away from the pixel parametric light bar, at a lower level. I see this as a departure from the Project 45 Concept, clean lines, plus it is a cost of adding extra lights to a car that cost less (this logic is beyond my understanding).

I have to admit that I have seen every review for Ioniq 5 posted in the last 6 months and not only in English, in all languages, including Korean, but have not seen this combination of trim and colours yet. I was a bit shocked in the beginning, but it starts to grow on me. Let me know what you think, and if you seen this combination before.

Caveat: It was delivered today, and went for a test drive, but will see the car only in January :(, registration, grants approval etc. If you are familiar with Irish car Reg system, you know why. The year it is on the plate, so for resell value, I will lose one full year, if I register the car in Dec 21, compared to Jan 22. I know that countries like Germany have most of the cars registered in Nov, Dec., In Ireland most of the cars are registered in Jan, or June, but that's a different topic.

View attachment 36900
View attachment 36902
View attachment 36899
View attachment 36901
View attachment 36898
View attachment 36894
View attachment 36896
View attachment 36895
View attachment 36897
View attachment 36893

1 - 13 of 13 Posts