Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hit 2000 yesterday evening. Think my initial estimate of 20K per year might have been somewhat conservative...

--
Posted via Tapatalk on my phone. Please excuse brevity.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just turned over 2000 this weekend. Dealer scheduled my first oil change for 3000 mi.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hit 2000 yesterday evening. Think my initial estimate of 20K per year might have been somewhat conservative...

--
Posted via Tapatalk on my phone. Please excuse brevity.
Ya..... about that.... I'm gonna need to ring Hyundai and beg, cry, plead, for them to change My mileage for the term of the contract. 15,000 / year was completely wrong.. 6 months in and I'm already at 10,000miles >.<

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq SEL
76 Posts
4850 since 10 June, i plan to schedule the 5000 oil change maintenance tomorrow. I got oil changes for life when i bought the car. Absolutely love the car.

·
Registered
166 Posts
now at 6.6K since March ( and 6 weeks off the road ). The mileage just keeps getting better. I'm now at 68MPG and that's just driving on the cruise when I can and sticking to speed limits.

I have to take it into the dealer tomorrow to see if we can find out what caused the lock/start failure.

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq SEL
76 Posts
Whose life? Yours or the car's?
I assumed people would understand this to mean for the life of the car. Difficult to change oil in a nonexistent vehicle and in my 51 year existence I have never managed to find an oil drain on my body although I do change other fluids quite frequently.

This was a sales promo through the dealership I bought the car from.

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,865 Posts
Hi

I am wondering what is the maintenance like for you so far? How much does it cost if there is any service done to the 5000 miles Ioniq yet.

Thanks
Mike, I was just looking at this in the manual that actually came with my car (as opposed to any online pdf), and for Canadian HEV Ioniqs Oil & Filter change is every 12,000 km or 6 months, which ever comes first. They booked me in for my first service in late October when I bought the car, so I need to verify that they are award of the manual recommended service, and not just booking me in on the schedule for normal ICE cars. All my previous ICE Hyundais have been 6,000 km or 3 months.

I'll still be keeping the appointment regardless though, as I'll want to get my winter tyres on then. As far as cost goes, I think it varies by dealership here. The day I purchased my Ioniq my dealership was offering 2 years of free maintenance as a special offer.

In the meantime, relevant to this thread, I'm at about 2350 km, so about 1460 miles, since 25 July.

Reactions: MikeC

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq SEL
76 Posts
Mike. I took mine in yesterday afternoon. Oil and filter changed and tires rotated. No software or firmware updates for me. Total cost was $60. I bought the platinum maintenance plan along with the car because I have never owned or even driven a hybrid before and don't have a clue about maintaining it. The oil they put in is full synthetic. Oil change and filter was $40, tire rotation was $20.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Update: Now 18,500 miles, next service in June I think. I've contacted Hyundai to discuss changing my mileage on the lease, they said they'd send me a quote within a month.. not great but apparently its a 'whole new system' to deal with such lease queries. I'm hoping given that the cost to lease the ioniq has come down in price, I won't see a price difference but we'll see! I've gone over by 2,500 miles on my contract so far :/

·
Registered
303 Posts
Finally crossed 10,000 miles last Saturday, while driving to the dealership for the first service. Did a lot less driving in the second half of last year than I expected to. Doubt I'll reach 20,000 in the first year.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,136 Posts
About 15,600 miles since May. No issues besides the fuel door not opening which took them less than 5 minutes to fix. I also had an issue with the windshield washer not spraying properly but that turned out to be because a mouse chewed the tube. I can't really blame Hyundai for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
14250km after just over 8 months. This includes a 2000km trip over a 3 day span back in July.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts