Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a great pair of free DC chargers at the local IKEA. But when I hooked it up it would set up and mate the connection, but then clonk out immediately after 2 seconds of charging. It was a 50 kW feed (I think).

same thing happened on both stations.

Perhaps there was problem with the DC chargers themselves, but im still new and want to check here if chance those chargers were too powerful for the Ioniq and the car cut the connection for safety?

Also, does the driver door have to be shut close to get a charge to initiate?

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq Electric Style
7 Posts
There's no such thing as too powerful charger. EV's regardless of the make take only what they can handle, and 50Kw is least powerful DC chargers there are. Propably something wrong with the charger.

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
784 Posts
I agree with wello, most likely something wrong with the chargers. Did you look them up on Plugshare? Plugshare is generally pretty informative for that type of thing in Canada.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Firey Red
107 Posts
Also, does the driver door have to be shut close to get a charge to initiate?
Never tried to as the car seems to incessantly bong at me if i leave the doors open with the wrong combination of keys in or out, car on or off. I usually turn it on to record data and turn off then initiate charge.

No messages about Battery % being higher than limit as set under charge settings for DC?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did check the plug share and the 1st station is definitely not working, so looks like maybe station 2 also went kaputt.

As for the door open and trying to plug in the charger, the car gets angry and issues lll kind of bongs that the key is NOT inside the car.......I guess I am not allowed to step outside the car with the key while it is on........but then other times the car complains if the key is IN the car but I am not....... like the other posts here I am trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
88 Posts
That sounds like your trying to leave the car while it's still turned on, it won't accept the charger being plugged in while the car is still on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts