Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to buy a used Ioniq plug-in SEL. It is a 2020 plug-in with 30k miles. I called the dealer to look at it. They said they had to clean it up before anyone could see it. This seemed reasonable. After a week I called back. I was told they were going to replace the battery (assume it is the 12 volt one). After a few days I called back and they said it would be a few more weeks so they could replace the plug. Not sure what that means and the sales guy didn't know what that meant either.
Does this whole thing raise any red flags?

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,406 Posts
There are occasionally issues with the solenoid that locks the plug into the car, and if it won't lock then the car won't charge. When that happens it's typically a warranty replacement of the entire charging socket, so it is feasible that they are waiting on that part.

·
Registered
2018 Ioniq PHEV Exclusive
36 Posts
For me it sounds like they will save you some small troubles in the future - 12v failure and charging plug lock mechanism error are very common.
So no red flags IMO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They may also be referring to a missing EVSE charging cable. When I went to trade in my previous plugin vehicle my dealership was sure to request both available key fobs but completely failed to request the EVSE until I mentioned it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts