Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Limited
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Bluelink has been down for a second day now, which is the only way I know of to stop the car from charging before it reaches 100%. Yesterday I had to unplug the car, which in the past I was able to press the lock mode button in the car to unlock the charge port, but not yesterday. No amount of fiddling with the button will unlock it. I ended up having to unplug the EVSE from the wall.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,218 Posts
I'm able to stop mine in mid-charge by unlocking it, then unplugging within a few seconds of the door unlock. My car doesn't have Bluelink, so that's my standard procedure for going anywhere with it if it hasn't yet finished charging. If the car is already unlocked (like in winter when it lives in my garage), then I have to lock, unlock, and then unplug. If you wait too long to unplug it after unlocking then the connector gets locked in again.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Limited
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm able to stop mine in mid-charge by unlocking it, then unplugging within a few seconds of the door unlock. My car doesn't have Bluelink, so that's my standard procedure for going anywhere with it if it hasn't yet finished charging. If the car is already unlocked (like in winter when it lives in my garage), then I have to lock, unlock, and then unplug. If you wait too long to unplug it after unlocking then the connector gets locked in again.
Thank you. That did the trick. I guess in the past it had nothing to do with fiddling with the charge port lock mode button. It's in the timing of unlocking the car door.

You're not missing much with Bluelink. Really stopping the charge from the app was all I used it for, which I thought was extremely cumbersome. Now I don't even have a reason to use it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The charge port lock mode button should be called the don't steel my cable when the charge is finished button... It's lit when it can be stolen. ;)

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,218 Posts
The charge port lock mode button should be called the don't steel my cable when the charge is finished button... It's lit when it can be stolen. ;)
Lol, all Level 2's are tethered over here. It's courtesy to have the cable released when finished so that the next person doesn't have to wait for you to get back in order to start their session.

To us North Americans the European method of having to bring your own level 2 cable seems as silly as having to bring your own hose to the gas station...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I leave mine on steel it... Over the years I've had so many free charges, I must almost owe someone a cable. ;)

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
2020 Premium Electric
96 Posts
Lol, all Level 2's are tethered over here. It's courtesy to have the cable released when finished so that the next person doesn't have to wait for you to get back in order to start their session.

To us North Americans the European method of having to bring your own level 2 cable seems as silly as having to bring your own hose to the gas station...
Not here. Most public level 2s are BYO cable. While I would love to offer the courtesy of "unlock when charged", cables are too expensive to take the chance!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts