Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
3 ways

1. Press and hold on keyfob (car must be off)
2. If car off and unlocked, you can press the dimples (moderately hard) and it should open.
3. Voice activated "open chargeport door" (I think)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to press hard. You actually press the close button underneath, so you have to press hard enough to bend the plastic so it pushes through.
Thanks. I read more about this, apparently basically everyone has this issue. I also noticed the servo motor doesn't sound very healthy for a brand new car and read that it's not uncommon for that component to fail :). Ah well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There's one more issue i've seen.. if the car is sleeping and unlocked, and you are trying to open the charge door by pressing, it won't open. This is when i don't have my key in my pocket, which i'm assuming would wake the car.

I usually leave the car unlocked at home, so i just open a door to wake the car. Then i can open the charge door by pressing.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
261 Posts
Thanks. I read more about this, apparently basically everyone has this issue. I also noticed the servo motor doesn't sound very healthy for a brand new car and read that it's not uncommon for that component to fail :). Ah well.
See the sticky of answers to common questions. There is a period of time after shutting down the car that pressing the dimples works. My door doesn’t make noise when opening or closing.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 SE AWD
95 Posts
3 ways

1. Press and hold on keyfob (car must be off)
2. If car off and unlocked, you can press the dimples (moderately hard) and it should open.
3. Voice activated "open chargeport door" (I think)
I mostly use methods 1 or 3. The manual release pressing the dimples will work but sometimes you have to unlock or wake up the car first so I just us the key fob.

·
Registered
325 Posts
There's one more issue i've seen.. if the car is sleeping and unlocked, and you are trying to open the charge door by pressing, it won't open. This is when i don't have my key in my pocket, which i'm assuming would wake the car.

I usually leave the car unlocked at home, so i just open a door to wake the car. Then i can open the charge door by pressing.
I have exactly this for the same reason. As you say, just open and close one of the doors and it wakes the charge port cover control up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My i5 SEL/AWD/black arrived yesterday. And, well, I have a little problem:

I press the unlock button. I have tried touch everywhere on the port door, pushing kinda hard. Is it supposed to open...?
I have figured out the problem with the charge port door. If it will not open by pushing on the outside. There is a moulded button on inside of the door which when pressed from the outside pushes the "close" button. The moulding is too small. It is likely a manufacturing defect. I have solved it by getting some tape and sticking it to the moulded button making it bigger. Voila. It now works. Obviously will need to have a new port door ordered. It will not be related to the 12v aux battery issue nor will it drain it. It is purely a mechanical issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts