Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
I5 Ultimate AWD Lucid Blue Pearl
243 Posts
I think Hyundai needs to clarify what it actually is a little more than they have.

I've seen both arguments...one, that's it's real animal hide, treated with more environmentally-friendly processes and two, that it's a man-made material like synthetic leather.

I'm leaning towards synthetic leather myself.

It's kind of a bummer if it is synthetic however because they still charge a nice premium for it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So in the korean factory they have a vast array of different materials for different countries, uk, usa, etc etc Leather for them plastic for them what ever for them!! No way its all the same and its all plastic, have to live with it

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate AWD + Tech + Eco Galactic Grey Delivered
384 Posts
So in the korean factory they have a vast array of different materials for different countries, uk, usa, etc etc Leather for them plastic for them what ever for them!! No way its all the same and its all plastic, have to live with it
Correct. All different, just like RHD & LHD.

·
Registered
Ioniq5 Ultimate AWD Shooting Star Grey
127 Posts
Correct. All different, just like RHD & LHD.
Having had the Ultimate for a few months I think it is leather that has been processed and coated - having had leather interiors in my BMW 5 series of cars I am quite pleased with it and live the ventilated feature during the current hot spell

61 - 67 of 67 Posts