Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm waiting for my car to arrive in a few weeks time, I thought I'd download the manual and get to browse a few things.... Every page I dipped into gave a warning about "Death or Serious Injury"(!!) ... I'm going to be too afraid to even go near the car at this rate!!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Hi jjg

its perfectly safe so long as you don't go poking around the bright orange HV cables under the bonnet or the battery service port under the back seat

its a bit like the warnings you get on a microwave / washing machine, so long as you use it as intended you will have no problems,

The big orange cables carry 240V DC for the hybrid motor / system, so hence the warnings about don't pressure wash / steam clean the engine bay or spill liquid in the battery cooling vents etc

read the manual and learn which bits not to prod or poke and you will be fine

the only thing that you do need to remember is if for any instance you need to call the emergency services to your car (accident / fire) let them know it is a hybrid so they know how to deal with it safely

·
Registered
176 Posts
We live in a society today where manufacturers must protect themselves from a group that is eager to take legal action for any and every perceived reason. Look at the warning labels on every medication, prescribed or over the counter, that list all the possible side-effects. Most of the side-effects listed are far worse than the condition for which you are taking the medication.

Remember: 99% of all the Attorneys give the rest a bad reputation. LOL

·
Registered
260 Posts
Turn that negative into a positive, I like it.

But there's really nothing to worry about. Curiosity did kill the cat though...
Don't start talking about positive and negative. That could lead to a law suit! ;-)

As said above just covering arses for the one idiot who thinks they know what they are doing and end up hurting themselves. It's like the packet of peanuts may contain nuts, caution contents hot on a take away coffee etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts