Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Ioniq 5 SEL last week. The first night I plugged it in to a 120v outlet in my garage using the included charging cable. The battery said 80% when I plugged it in. 14 hours later, it still said 80%! When I plugged in the night before, the car said "charging started" and the led lights by the charge port seemed to be flashing the entire time.

I charged today at a level 2 charger and was getting 5.8kw. Tonight I plugged in at home again and went in the car to see the charge rate. It said .6kw with a time of 98 hours and 30 minutes to full. I decided to try my CMAX charger that is still in the garage. When using that charger, the screen inside the car changed to 1.2 kw and showed 73 hours and 40 minutes to full. This is charging from 8%. Took a trip out to CT and was a little nerve wracking getting back home tonight.

I checked in the car menu and it is set to charge to 100% and at maximum charge rate so I'm not sure why the Ioniq 5 charger is so slow. The little display on the charging unit says 6 and I try pressing the button below it but nothing happens.

Any ideas what is going on?

·
Registered
2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This worked, thanks. I switched back to the Ioniq Charger and held the button until the number flashed(it had been on 6). Then I pressed through until it said 12. I let go and waited but it went back to 6. I tried again and held down on the 12 for a while then released and it stayed. Plugged in and now getting 1.3!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I picked up my Ioniq 5 SEL last week. The first night I plugged it in to a 120v outlet in my garage using the included charging cable. The battery said 80% when I plugged it in. 14 hours later, it still said 80%! When I plugged in the night before, the car said "charging started" and the led lights by the charge port seemed to be flashing the entire time.

I charged today at a level 2 charger and was getting 5.8kw. Tonight I plugged in at home again and went in the car to see the charge rate. It said .6kw with a time of 98 hours and 30 minutes to full. I decided to try my CMAX charger that is still in the garage. When using that charger, the screen inside the car changed to 1.2 kw and showed 73 hours and 40 minutes to full. This is charging from 8%. Took a trip out to CT and was a little nerve wracking getting back home tonight.

I checked in the car menu and it is set to charge to 100% and at maximum charge rate so I'm not sure why the Ioniq 5 charger is so slow. The little display on the charging unit says 6 and I try pressing the button below it but nothing happens.

Any ideas what is going on?
might be set to stop charging at 80% you need to go in and change that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts