Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to see any form of advertisement here in the U.S. (Great Lakes region) NO commercial, no printed advertisement, no promotion. Not a single commercial on Youtube. If I didn't just happen to peruse the dealership lot, I would never know it exist. Does Hyundai not want to sell the Ioniq?
It's been 2 months and I haven't pass a single Ioniq on the road. Meanwhile the roads are filled a bunch of ugly new Priuses as far as the eyes can see.

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
At least in the Netherlands, it is different. There is a commercial for the 2020 Ioniq for national TV; I see it at least once a day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
About a month ago here in the US.

EDIT: This post has the actual ad that I saw a few times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Little point in advertising if you can't build enough cars to meet demand. Global demand for batteries is just too high right now. Advertising is extremely expensive, so no point cutting your bottom line, if you can sell all the cars you produce regardless.

·
Registered
309 Posts
There are some ads on Youtube. That is where I searched when I was looking for information about hybrid vehicles. I do not watch commercial TV so I would never know if there were ads or not.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
There is little point in advertising a low profit economy car (other than for a halo effect on corporate image) when what buyers are clamoring for are high profit SUVs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get pretty frequent Hyundai ads on youtube. Vast majority of them are for the Ioniq, might have been a few focused on the Kona.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I get pretty frequent Hyundai ads on youtube. Vast majority of them are for the Ioniq, might have been a few focused on the Kona.
Hmmm.... wonder how much that might have to do with targeted advertising...

One of the biggest negatives, I think of targeted advertising, especially when it comes to major purchases, such as a car, seems to me that you're getting ads targeted to you over something you've already just bought and are not in the market to buy another for some time.

It can also detract perspective buyers from finding what perhaps they didn't know they needed. For example, perhaps someone is in the market for a new car, and possibly really would like a Hybrid or EV, but considers them out of reach, so instead Google's deals for standard ICE cars that they're familiar with. Well, all of their targeted ads then are going to focus on the exact cars they've been searching for, rather than ones they hadn't considered but might actually suit them better.

My experience has tended to be that targeted advertising can tend to be a little too specific, and not general enough.

Anyways, that's my 2¢.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmmm.... wonder how much that might have to do with targeted advertising...

One of the biggest negatives, I think of targeted advertising, especially when it comes to major purchases, such as a car, seems to me that you're getting ads targeted to you over something you've already just bought and are not in the market to buy another for some time.

It can also detract perspective buyers from finding what perhaps they didn't know they needed. For example, perhaps someone is in the market for a new car, and possibly really would like a Hybrid or EV, but considers them out of reach, so instead Google's deals for standard ICE cars that they're familiar with. Well, all of their targeted ads then are going to focus on the exact cars they've been searching for, rather than ones they hadn't considered but might actually suit them better.

My experience has tended to be that targeted advertising can tend to be a little too specific, and not general enough.

Anyways, that's my 2¢.
Likely has quite a lot to do with targeted advertising, as I have probably viewed every Ioniq related video on youtube that is in English.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't watch TV anymore so I have no idea if there are commercial running for the ioniq
billboards usually just advertise the i10, i20, i30, Kona (surprisingly not the hybrid/ev versions) and H-1
there is a radio ad for the Ioniq (EV) currently so it's something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have yet to see any form of advertisement here in the U.S. (Great Lakes region) NO commercial, no printed advertisement, no promotion. Not a single commercial on Youtube. If I didn't just happen to peruse the dealership lot, I would never know it exist. Does Hyundai not want to sell the Ioniq?
It's been 2 months and I haven't pass a single Ioniq on the road. Meanwhile the roads are filled a bunch of ugly new Priuses as far as the eyes can see.
I believe they're not advertising or trying to drum up demand because they have a supply problem. They are simply unable to come close to meeting global demand. This should change in the next 6 months. That"s what I've heard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here in Florida I've seen no Ioniq ads and only 1 other regularly on the roads: a silver unit colored unit like my own. Also baffled as to why. There seems to be no reason to choose a Prius over this car unless you love ugly styling, a higher price, a crappy CVT transmission and worse fuel mileage!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts