Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
It’s not mentioned in dealer spec sheets for MY2023.
So unless Hyundai decided to not announce it for some reason (doubtful, since they specifically called out NFC for SEL trim), it’s not happening.
It wasn't announced on the GV60 either until 2 weeks ago. That car just started delivering last week. Considering Hyundai has not announced a 2023 model, we can't say for sure.

· Registered
204 Posts
It wasn't announced on the GV60 either until 2 weeks ago. That car just started delivering last week. Considering Hyundai has not announced a 2023 model, we can't say for sure.
They did announce packaging changes to their dealers:
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number

But yes, we'll find out in a couple of months. My money is on NFC only for the Hi5.

· Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to have bad news, but I was curious about this and emailed Hyundai’s manager of in car technology, specifically CarPlay and he had this to say:

View attachment 44772
Yes, we know that since the car doesn’t have UWB. That we already know, but theoretically they can update it to support Digital Key “1” which is NFC only. But they won’t.

· Registered
592 Posts
Yes, we know that since the car doesn’t have UWB. That we already know, but theoretically they can update it to support Digital Key “1” which is NFC only. But they won’t.
Does NFC based Digital Key "1" supported by iPhone? (I know NFC is supported by iPhone, but I don't think Digital key is not supported until version 3 using UWB)
They support it in Android, I don't think it is hardware issue, but rather software limitation for iPhone system and their implementation of secure enclave.

· Registered
44 Posts
Does NFC based Digital Key "1" supported by iPhone? (I know NFC is supported by iPhone, but I don't think Digital key is not supported until version 3 using UWB)
They support it in Android, I don't think it is hardware issue, but rather software limitation for iPhone system and their implementation of secure enclave.
The iPhone definitely supports it, in fact the only cars that support the UWB are the GV60 and BMW iX at the moment. It is just that Hyundai/Kia/Genesis do not support it for some reason.

All new BMWs in the last 2 years have supported NFC car key on iPhone.

· Registered
262 Posts
The iPhone definitely supports it, in fact the only cars that support the UWB are the GV60 and BMW iX at the moment. It is just that Hyundai/Kia/Genesis do not support it for some reason.

All new BMWs in the last 2 years have supported NFC car key on iPhone.
So, there are three pathways that Hyundai could use (UWB, NFC, and Bluetooth) and Hyundai has chosen to use none of them for the Ioniq 5? Just great.

(I'm sorry, we love our I5, but as a Model Y owner, I find Hyundai software package pathetic. No IOS digital key, no walkaway locking, no battery preheating, no dash cam, no sentry mode, no OTAs for the drive and infotainment systems.......

· Registered
204 Posts
No iOS-compatible digital key hardware for the 2023 model year Ioniq 5.

Unless Apple changes their stance on not supporting the CCC digital key 1.0 spec (very unlikely since they have moved on to CCC 3.0 UWB-based digital keys, and so has Hyundai for the new
Palisade), there will not be one.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts