Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Gravity Gold I5-P45 yesterday from my dealer. I was surprised to be told that I needed to conbtact Hyundai UK to get my Ionity card with two years free subscription.

Can anyone please advise how I go about this, who do I contact? VIP team?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can do it all via chargemyhyundai app including getting a card and system knows you 2 year thing as you have to enter vin

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
31 Posts
Yes just sign up yourself on the app, enter VIN, select option to send you a card as one isn't supplied with the car, it comes through the post a few days later, all very efficient.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does the time start running as soon as you apply for the card or is it back dated to the date of purchase? That is to say, if I know I'm not going on any runs where I'm likely to need to use Ionity for a few months, should I wait before applying for the card?

·
Registered
197 Posts
[Q
...select option to send you a card as one isn't supplied with the car, it comes through the post a few days later, all very efficient.
I signed up with the app 3 weeks ago & still haven't got the card, but I can't remember seeing the option to "send me a card" and I still can't see it on the app - any clues to where I should be looking?

·
Registered
120 Posts
[Q

I signed up with the app 3 weeks ago & still haven't got the card, but I can't remember seeing the option to "send me a card" and I still can't see it on the app - any clues to where I should be looking?
Was that ChargeMyHyundai or the Bluelink App as they are different? Further you also need a Hyundai account. There was a lot of filling in/signing up I found. There was one check box to send a card at about the point you told it when you wanted it to start. The card is probably not needed as you can probably use your phone but not tried it yet. There is not an Ionity charger closer than 1 hour from me so will wait until I go up to London in next couple of weeks.

CJ

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just rang the CMH UK helpline (020 3872 2477) and they confirmed they had not issued any card although they had all my sign up details.
They say card is issued:-
Via the dealer
Via the app ( I must have missed the tickbox)
Via the helpline
So I should now receive it within 7 days, but it's 24 month start date will still begin on the date of the cars registration in August.

I'm 92 miles away from the nearest Ionity charger so hoping it also gives discounts at other chargers as well - any idea if it does?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it actually worth it? I've just signed up and as far as I can see the costs are the same as if you didn't have but you also have to pay a session fee.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So I should now receive it within 7 days, but it's 24 month start date will still begin on the date of the cars registration in August.
I believe the 24 month period starts when you ask for it to be activated. Got my card 3/9 but activated 13/9

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
31 Posts
Is it actually worth it? I've just signed up and as far as I can see the costs are the same as if you didn't have but you also have to pay a session fee.
Yes, it reduces the price to 25p/Kwh - I think it's around 70p/Kwh for the fast Ionity ones if you don't sign up for the Hyundai card

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, it reduces the price to 25p/Kwh - I think it's around 70p/Kwh for the fast Ionity ones if you don't sign up for the Hyundai card
Is it only Ionity chargers that have a reduced rate then? If it is then I might not bother and look at other options.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
31 Posts
Is it only Ionity chargers that have a reduced rate then? If it is then I might not bother and look at other options.
As far as I know the discount deal (2yr P45, 1yr everyone else) is to give Ionity discount to 25p.
I think it can operate some other networks, so reduces the need to sign up to as many different accounts, but doesn't discount other ones.
Octopus Electric Juice card also operates numerous networks through one card (free to apply for)

·
Registered
120 Posts
It is free so I signed up for the discounted super fast charging for whenever I go up to London - normally about once a month. One of the charger sites is about 2 miles from someone I meet up with most times when I drive up so very convenient for me. 25p/kwh and 350kw charging does not get better than this network.

CJ

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was a bit of a newbie at non-home charging so I made a special trip to Ionity at Peterborough services in my ID.3 to try it. It worked fine, at the eye-watering full price of 69p per kwh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've linked my paypal account and the card arrived today and is now activated. I have an ionity charger about 20 miles up the road which I will try out at some stage but does anyone know if I can use the card to pay at all the other non-ionity charging stations? Is it as straightforward as just swiping the card at a BP charger for example and then my paypal account gets billed?

Cheers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Doesn't the ChargeMyHyundai card give access to networks other than Ionity, and, if so, at a cheaper rate.

Why can't these effin networks just accept a credit/debit card at point of sale and offer a fair price to all ?? :mad::mad::mad:
I do not want to subscribe to several cards on the off chance one of them may work at any given charger. IMO this pricing and membership stuff is holding back and discrediting the EV take up.
(rant over..)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts