Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still not seen any Ioniqs on the road yet, not even demonstrators on test drives. Looks like when I pick up my hybrid on 1st March I will be joining a club for car owners whose cars are rarer than most supercars!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just been watching live cycling from Spain on Eurosport and seen Hyundai Ioniqs being used as service vehicles!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had a special day today! Have seen two(!) IONIQS, other than mine on the road. One of the drivers even waved at me! Gave me a 'back to the eighty's' feeling when I was driving a motorcycle and motorcyclists where often greeting when passing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't seen another one either.Getting ready to flash my lights if I do? I have seen plenty of Iron grey Tucsons in this area.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I had a special day today! Have seen two(!) IONIQS, other than mine on the road. One of the drivers even waved at me! Gave me a 'back to the eighty's' feeling when I was driving a motorcycle and motorcyclists where often greeting when passing.
Motorcyclists still do that in the US. Perhaps 95% of midwest riders. I find that rather annoying personally, I don't really want to take my hand off the bar and have an instant of distraction.

Other groups signal as well. I remember back in the 70s sports car owners waved at other sports car owners. For a while, import owners did the same when such cars were rare.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Shucks, time was I had a brand new '69 beetle, we waived at every single VW we saw. I'll waive at an IONIQ if I see another one.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,136 Posts
I don't see a lot of Ioniqs on the road but around here, supercars are quite rare. I'm lucky if I see one or two a year. I've seen a few Ioniqs. I do see a lot more Teslas though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Apart from on TV and You Tube, I have only seen one Ioniq (Hybrid) on the road, no plug-in and no other EV's. I have seen two new Kona EV's this week, one belonging to my neighbour. I had a good look around his Kona, and I'm glad I decided to wait until the new Niro EV arrives, before making any decision.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Had a ~400km drive this weekend, passing trough Trondheim in Norway.

Now its quite alot of Ioniq id say, at a carparking we met 4 ioniq's in 1minut and all over there are hybrids and EVs driving around.
in 400km id guess-ti-mate we met 30 ioniqs. (and over 100++ Teslas)

It was wierd how many ioniqs we met...

Even had a chat at a 50kW charger with a couple that was out with their new Kona 60kWh. Nice car, small boot. :p

Todays numbers for Ioniq EV's in norway (only EVs) 4414 registered. = 2,42% of all EVs in norway.
Last 6 months norway has been getting 230ioniq EVs a month.
(387 Kona EVs registered so far)

Oh and for supercars, we didnt se any, at all, not counting Teslas as supercars...
There must have been a Amcar meetup, caus there was a looong line of old amercian cars, OLD "supercars"...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts